ugh, how to let a band member go

PDA

View Full Version : ugh, how to let a band member go

GrungePb
05-29-2007, 10:09 PM
so basically i have to kick our drummer out of our band and hes a good friend of mine,

so whats the best way of doing this?

Seither2k
05-29-2007, 10:13 PM
I have no clue....but I'm nosey. Why does he need to go?

Just tell him the band needs to move in a different direction....or he is holding you back...I dunno.

Sixpack5001
05-29-2007, 10:13 PM
phew...there really isnt one

it will probably be awkward for a while i hate to tell you

rage6945
05-29-2007, 10:15 PM
make him wanna quit

The_Man_IV
05-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Simple just do it no one likes a pussy kiss ass

Just tell him right out its the band that is suffering u need people to be on the same train as you

if you need to kick someone out do it and if that is to judge friendship? Well Then your friend should really smarten up.

i am clay henry
05-29-2007, 10:17 PM
just say, i'm sorry, but i feel we
are going different directions with
the band. i would love to have a
side project with you though. jam
with him every once in a while if
possible. but it's pretty hard to tell
you what to say if you don't say why
you're kicking him out of the band.

Zephyyr
05-29-2007, 10:17 PM
why are you kicking him out?

Dead_End
05-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Simple just do it no one likes a pussy kiss ass

Just tell him right out its the band that is suffering u need people to be on the same train as you

if you need to kick someone out do it and if that is to judge friendship? Well Then your friend should really smarten up.

he's got a point man, noone likes a pussy im sorry break up, just kick him out and if that makes him hate you then obviously he cant understand something simple or he wasnt that great of a friend

Ishiga
05-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Try to fix the problem before you kick your friend out.

But if push comes to shove, and he just won't make the cut, tell him straight up you need something different for the band.

ModestPixies16
05-29-2007, 10:28 PM
you just have to be straight forward with him. You have to tell him the problem and give good reason why you think it isn't going to work out. also do it as a band, because if one person, anyone in the band, has do it, the blame most likely will be put on him. There will be arguing, and it will be awkward, but in time you and your friend will probably make up.

GrungePb
05-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Try to fix the problem before you kick your friend out.

yea we did for 5 months,

for those of u wondering why basically he causes us to get nothing done, we get lots done when hes not there and when he comes next week he wants to scrap everything we have worked on

so after 5 months we have nothing to show, we never even practiced because of his behaviour

Zephyyr
05-30-2007, 12:05 AM
it sounds more like you guys are just blaming your non-efficiency on him to me... but whatever.

Teh1337Hax0rz
05-30-2007, 01:01 AM
yeah i used to kick people out the pussy way, but then it just made things very awkward, just sit him down and tell him that you and the rest of the band feel that it is in the best interest of the advancement of the band and you hope that you can remain friends

whalepudding
05-30-2007, 04:01 AM
Just tell him he doesn't fit the bands style, and you'd like to keep jamming with him, but the band would be better off with someone else.

That seems to be pretty truthful, since he wants to scrap everything you write, and it's not really something most people would be offended by, I think.

kaptink
05-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Don't tell him. Simple as that.

jamiedonnelly93
05-30-2007, 09:09 AM
Just tell him he doesn't fit the bands style, and you'd like to keep jamming with him, but the band would be better off with someone else.

That seems to be pretty truthful, since he wants to scrap everything you write, and it's not really something most people would be offended by, I think.

thats basically why i got kicked out of my old band for bieng too 'metal', but i still jam with the guy who kicked me out

Broken-pick
05-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Just say the whole bands needs rest,and you guys just continue without him.

redstripe
05-30-2007, 02:28 PM
tell him your bands going emo, he should leave in a few seconds.

ihaterap101
05-30-2007, 03:04 PM
i just kicked out my bass today ( well acualy he quit because someone told him we were kicking him out) but we had already gotten a new bass yesterday and so hes mad at me but hopefully he'll get over it. if he didnt quit i was gonna tell him that hes not ready to be in a band but i still wanna jam with him somtime... but i got out the easy way.

Gunpowder
05-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Don't tell him. Simple as that.

That's what I did when we needed to kick our bassist out. I think that he completely forgot about the band. Then again, I'm sure his being constantly high didn't help him remember at all...

CoolDudeMorgasm
05-31-2007, 06:48 AM
Give him an STD.

Raz_Steroid
05-31-2007, 03:57 PM
Give him an STD.
/thread