Simple Acoustic Song (C4C)

PDA

View Full Version : Simple Acoustic Song (C4C)

jamiedonnelly93
05-30-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm Quite Proud Of This Song :) Its in Guitar Pro 5 but in the zip theres a midi file

it sounds better on GP5 coz you get the sound differences and the Pinch Harmonic

Also theres a Guitar Pro 4 version in there too

Enjoy and C4C applies!

Egrodyne
05-30-2007, 05:41 PM
I only listened to the midi for i dont have GP.....I had Bowie in my head for the whole song it sounded like you were using C to Em which is in his space oddity lol....all i kept hearing was "ground control to major tom".....

But it was nice!

ClosedCasket
05-31-2007, 06:37 AM
That is a nice relaxing song dude.

The chord choice works well together (prepares to be laughed at for obvious theoretical comment) and it wasn't overly complicated.

The lead provides a really nice break, and suits the song perfectly.

The end is a bit abrupt, but apart from that a very nice song.

If I may be childish for a mo....

(The chords in the chorus spell out F A G ) hehe

jamiedonnelly93
05-31-2007, 07:06 AM
That is a nice relaxing song dude.

The chord choice works well together (prepares to be laughed at for obvious theoretical comment) and it wasn't overly complicated.

The lead provides a really nice break, and suits the song perfectly.

The end is a bit abrupt, but apart from that a very nice song.

If I may be childish for a mo....

(The chords in the chorus spell out F A G ) hehe

lol

altosaxgeek5
05-31-2007, 11:22 AM
Haha. I was thinking the same thing as Egrodyne. Very nice chord progression there, little tensions and releases sprinkled in naturally throughout, makes it an interesting progression. Great lead line that doesn't cover anything up or try to be showy. Great song. 9/10

Leonheart
06-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Pretty good. The simple progression the whole time got a little boring, but I really liked the solo.

jamiedonnelly93
06-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Pretty good. The simple progression the whole time got a little boring, but I really liked the solo.

I only wanted to write something simple :)

Nunwhxre 666
06-04-2007, 03:53 PM
It was nice. Very simple and painfully repetitive, but I think with vocals this could be a nice song. I also really enjoyed the solo, it seemed to fit in perfectly with the song and added a nice touch to end the repetitiveness. My only problem is that the song ended to fast. Try to add a proper outro instead of having it end to abruptly.

Overall a good effort. 8.5/10

P.S. Thanks for the crit.

NightWingMafia
06-04-2007, 05:47 PM
wow its simple but has a calming aura to it and i really enjoyed it, nice solo , i give it 9/10 cause its kinda repitive though but good job

Thefallofman
06-04-2007, 08:07 PM
It could use maybe some little lead fills in the verses and stuff, a little more drumming... the bass drum quarter notes get kind of annoying. The solo did the job, it wasn't great but it worked. I thought the chord progression, while simple as you said, was very nice. The minor chords were thrown in at great times. If this had vocals, it has the potential to become an outstanding simple song.

leo_p8
06-04-2007, 08:25 PM
I agree with TheFallofMan, the bass drum got very annoying about twenty seconds into the song... you should either eliminate it entirely or write a better/more dynamic drum line. The chord progressions were rather nice, and had a warm feeling throughout - always good. I would have liked to see a bridge or break somewhere with a slightly more instrumental aproach... perhaps a light lead here or there to change the pace... since it is just a backing chord progression. I enjoyed the solo, it fit the song all too well and had some blues-ish aftertaste, well done.

All in all, quite nice... but do something to it (and show us!)... add the vocal line or something.

RedDeath9
06-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Lol, you don't really need the drums. They don't really add anything to the song.

I loved the chord progression, but obviously it got kinda boring listening to the same thing over and over again. The solo was good, it wasn't over-complicated or anything. With vocals this can be a pretty good song.

gonzaw
06-06-2007, 07:15 PM
I like the simpleness and chord progression (specially the chorus)....maybe you could make something to the drums?.....they don't sound that good....
It gets repetitive and boring after a while..........I think you could use some more variation to the lead at times (as it plays the same thing as the rythm one)........but make the variations different each time....to add a nice flow to the song and making it less repetitive (like a little solo at the end of the chorus...and switching to an arpeggio afterwards, then resting...and then other stuff, etc.....)...

I like the solo....it is the same thingy repeated anyway.....
You should end it properly....maybe with another little chord progression or little riff.....or another solo if you want....

C4C? (in my sig....the last one if you can :) )