Csquared1001 Signature Licks(GP5,GP4,MIDI) Crit 4 Crit

PDA

View Full Version : Csquared1001 Signature Licks(GP5,GP4,MIDI) Crit 4 Crit

Csquared1001
05-30-2007, 07:17 PM
alright, the files contain 6 of my favorite licks[specially 1,5&6)(that i actually bothered to tranfer to GP5 atleast) and I need some crit on them. pretty much a like it or don't like it thing i guess. you can rate it if you want.

Another thing these are WARM UP/GUITAR CENTRE style licks, not for songs.
Post a link of your stuff for crit once done.

ch715dallat
05-30-2007, 07:33 PM
i didnt really enjoy teh first four as they didnt seem to flow if you know what i mean, they were a bit noodly to be honest. 5 was good and i liked the chords used at the end, 6 was grea tho, sounded somewhat clissical :eek: very nice. ;)

:cheers:

mines the first in my sig.

gonzaw
05-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Well.....the licks are good if you use them good....cause as licks for their own their don't make that much impression,.....they need to be in a song to crit them propperly.
Not much about one.
Two seems kind of rushed or incomplete or hurried.....I don't think some notes last as long as they should (some last too long and others too short, like the last chord).
Three is pretty short..nothing to be said...
Four seems nice in the first bar....then makes kind of suspence in the next one which I liked.....same with Three about that chord...
Five seemed kind of good too....specially the effects and those last chords :)
Six was great at the beggining, but then seemed kind of repetitive....you know, you change only a bit from the original lick from measure to measure......and the progression makes it kind of boring.....but if it had lets say,....more variation within the bars and between each other...it should sound great :) (liked the last chord too :) )

Wann crit another one from me? (the last one from my sig if you can.....well....its the best one of them :) )

Csquared1001
05-30-2007, 08:17 PM
i didnt really enjoy teh first four as they didnt seem to flow if you know what i mean, they were a bit noodly to be honest. 5 was good and i liked the chords used at the end, 6 was grea tho, sounded somewhat clissical :eek: very nice. ;)

:cheers:

mines the first in my sig.

noodly?

really?

I liked #1 and it sounds pretty good in Real life

and #5 &6 sound really good in RL

zakatak9389
05-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Lick 1 was a little boring to me. It was just going up and down the scale, try to use more creative patterns, and only go up and down a scale a little bit. It sounded good, just make sure that if you put it in a solo, use more creative stuff.

Lick 2 was better, I didn't really like bars 7 and 8, it sounded a little too happy if you're using the minor scale, but if that's the major scale (i can't tell) it sounds good. I did like the next two bars though.

Lick 3 was fairly straightforward and a simple lick IMO. I liked it.

Lick 4 sounded nice, but try to used diminished stuff in there too, it would add to the sinister feel of the lick.

Lick 5 was like lick 1, but I didn't like the harmonized half note at the start of bar 20 though, it didn't fit. I did like the kill witch you put in gp though.

Lick 6 reminded me a lot of randy rhoads, which is a very good thing, my fav of all 6

Out of all the licks, the first 5 were nothing special, but lick 6 was definitely the best. Try making a song though man instead of all these little licks and riffs. You must have tons of them, so just throw together a song, so you'll have an actual song, because all of them are good, but not as good as they could be in a song.
Crit mine if you can (in my sig below)

Csquared1001
05-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Lick 1 was a little boring to me. It was just going up and down the scale, try to use more creative patterns, and only go up and down a scale a little bit. It sounded good, just make sure that if you put it in a solo, use more creative stuff.

Lick 2 was better, I didn't really like bars 7 and 8, it sounded a little too happy if you're using the minor scale, but if that's the major scale (i can't tell) it sounds good. I did like the next two bars though.

Lick 3 was fairly straightforward and a simple lick IMO. I liked it.

Lick 4 sounded nice, but try to used diminished stuff in there too, it would add to the sinister feel of the lick.

Lick 5 was like lick 1, but I didn't like the harmonized half note at the start of bar 20 though, it didn't fit. I did like the kill witch you put in gp though.

Lick 6 reminded me a lot of randy rhoads, which is a very good thing, my fav of all 6

Out of all the licks, the first 5 were nothing special, but lick 6 was definitely the best. Try making a song though man instead of all these little licks and riffs. You must have tons of them, so just throw together a song, so you'll have an actual song, because all of them are good, but not as good as they could be in a song.
Crit mine if you can (in my sig below)

Dude these are my warm up licks/guitar store licks

and i don't understand why you don't like Lick 1. It is supposed to be more of a "shred it up" style riff but it does have a theme hence the:
the last note in bar 1(concluding/transitional note)
the build up to the riff in bar 4(suspense)
the riff in bar 4
and the concluding phrase and ending note in bar 5

I thought it was phrased well

I also thought lick 5 was decent because of the buildup and conclusion/transition into the next theme(the chords).
Please explain what u don't like

NOTE: did you listen in RSE? if you didn't then it explains your dislike. Try it again

zakatak9389
05-30-2007, 09:18 PM
^^ no, I can't listen to RSE on my computer, it's too old, but yeah I know this'd sound good in real life man. And I don't even know what phrasing means, cuz I don't really know music theory, I just know scales. I did like the licks if you meant for them to just be straightforward shred/warmup licks. I thought they were just licks you wrote for a song or something you might be working on. Sorry about the confusion :peace: