PA Systems

PDA

View Full Version : PA Systems

Lgndkllr777
05-30-2007, 11:07 PM
Do venues usually provide PA systems and such? Or do the bands have to bring them?

Hart_Attack
05-30-2007, 11:13 PM
venues usually have PA's but if you want to mic your guitar cabs or drums i think you have to bring some more mics. but yeah they usually supply you with a PA.

Dutch_Apples
05-31-2007, 04:58 AM
I live in a "large" rural area. 90 percent of the venues here DO NOT have a PA system. You should have one anyways just in case there's a gig in which you'll be without one. Oh, and hire someone who has a clue on how to run sound.

Earang
05-31-2007, 07:04 AM
venues usually have their own PA but we always bring our own with us because it usually is way better then the one they got,,

KavaticaMetal
05-31-2007, 12:16 PM
most of the venues where i live have pretty good sound systems...good PA's and mike's. if it is a small place they are probably just gonna mike vocals....so be prepared and bring an amp that can push out some sound. or if you are playin a show that somebody is putting on in a backyard or somthing like that...i wouldn't expect much. usually the bigger venues do have PA's though, or at least they should if they put on a lot of shows.