Set list crit

PDA

View Full Version : Set list crit

CODE
05-31-2007, 01:39 AM
My band has our first gig on saturday and we don't really know what will work the best for song order.
Here are the songs

Dani California-Rhcp
1979-Smashing Pumpkins(just instrumental for now, since we just got a new singer)
Woman-Wolfmother
Beverly Hills-Weezer
Fat Lip-Sum 41 (pretty sloppy, this is just here to keep the crowd going so i dont want to open or close with it because of its fairly poor quality)

We also might include an instrumental jam over some song/chord progression. Im not too sure about this, though. Advice?
You can put these in any order and thanks for the feedback.

nick83
05-31-2007, 01:42 AM
sounds good. fat lip would be cool at the very end or the very begining

Sir_Awesomeness
05-31-2007, 01:42 AM
i say

woman
Fat lip
Dani Cali

and get rid of that beverly hills pooey

Cobalt Blue
05-31-2007, 01:43 AM
i'd say start with Dani California, end with Woman and do your instrumental jam within Woman. just make sure you end by going back and doing the chorus again.. if oyu know what i mean.

Johl
05-31-2007, 01:44 AM
Do you like heavy rock/punk? Try "New Noise" from Refused. One of the best songs to open a show with. It's really heavy, really easy to play, but a total crowd pleaser, even if they don't know the band.

So, if I were you, my set list would go...

"New Noise" - Refused
"Rat in a Cage" - Smashing Pumpkins (another easy song to learn quickly)
"Woman" - Wolfmother
"Fat Lip" - Sum 41
"Dani California" - RHCP
An original... if you have any.

CODE
05-31-2007, 01:50 AM
i'd say start with Dani California, end with Woman and do your instrumental jam within Woman. just make sure you end by going back and doing the chorus again.. if oyu know what i mean.
We tried that but it just couldn't work out so we have just one guitar solo.

We always warm up by playing thunderhorse (dethklok) just for fun. I'd like to see all their faces if we opened with that :p:

Pure_Morning
05-31-2007, 04:40 AM
So, if I were you, my set list would go...

"New Noise" - Refused
"Rat in a Cage" - Smashing Pumpkins (another easy song to learn quickly)
"Woman" - Wolfmother
"Fat Lip" - Sum 41
"Dani California" - RHCP
An original... if you have any.

Rat in a Cage is actually Bullet with Butterfly Wings! :peace:

Dutch_Apples
05-31-2007, 04:59 AM
I would get rid of any song that you feel is sloppy.

Johl
05-31-2007, 01:27 PM
Rat in a Cage is actually Bullet with Butterfly Wings! :peace:

Damn it. Haha, I got it off Lime wire and that was the name it was under. Although, something did seem weird about "Rat in a Cage". :rolleyes:

KavaticaMetal
05-31-2007, 05:02 PM
I call B.S.
video of you doing the sweeps in Thunderhorse or no go.

CODE
05-31-2007, 05:42 PM
I call B.S.
video of you doing the sweeps in Thunderhorse or no go.
CAUGHT ME!! -----But can you sweep?
I can't actually sweep, so I just play riffs around triads for those parts. We seriously do know the rest though. Its really easy.

I think we will stick with fat lip, cause only one parts is really sloppy.

We cant play bullet with butterfly wings cause our singer hates it

Edit: nevermind, kavatica. Judging from your band, im just gonna guess u can sweep :D

lolmnt
05-31-2007, 06:10 PM
leave beverly hills the crowd will love it

KavaticaMetal
06-01-2007, 09:09 AM
haha, i get down a little bit with the sweeps...but i'm not too crazy. i figured you could play most of the song except for the sweeps. that is one of the easier songs from the metalocalypse....and i think you should play it at the show....cause that would be amazing...and just do whatever you do during that part. :D Also i would definantly keep fat lip...even if one part is a little sloppy, that song is usually a favorite for anybody in that style of music. make sure you get back on here and let us know how your show went!!!

P.S. +1 for fessing up!

CODE
06-01-2007, 08:04 PM
haha, i get down a little bit with the sweeps...but i'm not too crazy. i figured you could play most of the song except for the sweeps. that is one of the easier songs from the metalocalypse....and i think you should play it at the show....cause that would be amazing...and just do whatever you do during that part. :D Also i would definantly keep fat lip...even if one part is a little sloppy, that song is usually a favorite for anybody in that style of music. make sure you get back on here and let us know how your show went!!!

P.S. +1 for fessing up!
I definately will I might even have a link to a video of it. Sorry though, I'm pretty sure we cut out thunderhorse :(

KavaticaMetal
06-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Dangit! oh well, still interested to know how it went though.