Serious BAND problem!!!

PDA

View Full Version : Serious BAND problem!!!

blood venom!
06-01-2007, 08:13 AM
i posted this thread in the pit and im posting it here to cuz i think i can get more useful advice here

right now guys my band has no vocalist.......ive had three vocalist since my band was creatsd and all ov them were ass holes...
the problem with them:
1.no sense of music
2.not into rock n roll
3.act like jerks when it comes to guitar
4.they think they have mastered the guitar when they are only beginners
so guys ive decided to do the singing my self
the problem with me is that i have a soft voice not a real death metal one......and i want that .....i cant sing high pitched songs
so is there any way i can do all that..........
any help would be great because there is a battle of the bands coming up after almost one month

ravioli123
06-01-2007, 08:20 AM
if you want to sing yourself, forget about the battle of the bands, dont commit yourself to something you cant be sure you'll be ready for, if you really wan't to do it, just find yourself a vocalist who isn't an asshole

bodaciousbass
06-01-2007, 08:24 AM
Play songs to suit your voice and dont sing songs to suit your playing....

JKL-91
06-01-2007, 08:25 AM
well you could just do the vocals in your own way, that way you would get an personal touch to your music. unless ofcourse if your band plays only covers, I mean that if you sing let's say Death cleanly, that would be just stupid.

merfsullivan
06-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Why not get a vocalist that JUST sings?
Why do they have to play guitar too?

blood venom!
06-01-2007, 08:31 AM
i was wondering are there any singing lessons or methods

blood venom!
06-01-2007, 08:33 AM
if you want to sing yourself, forget about the battle of the bands, dont commit yourself to something you cant be sure you'll be ready for, if you really wan't to do it, just find yourself a vocalist who isn't an asshole
finding a voalist isnt an easy job and there is no time to search for a vocalist.....i have a quiet nice voice but the thing is that i don not know the proper methods

X\Chazza/X
06-01-2007, 08:36 AM
you could do the soft or singy parts of songs if you have a metalcore type sing/scream style if u know what i mean. Put an advert up for a singer in your local music shops, etc.
Or, put your voice with effects on it to make it more cool/distorted/freaky but that may be a bit cheesy but i dunno.
Or what it said on the Jimi Hendrix progrram: he thought that any voice with passion could be good, not necesarrily a typical singing voice. If you mean and are passionate about what you're singing about

Aidy Damage
06-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Check the duplicate of this thread that you posted in the pit- I gave you some advice on making your voice sound better. Feel free to PM me or add me on msn for advice. :)

whalepudding
06-01-2007, 08:44 AM
There are threads on UG with singing techniques and things, and in the metal forum there's growling thread if you want to do death metal growls.

lionhart281
06-01-2007, 08:45 AM
kk i got your number.

Well with your nice soft voice, you can still sing your death metal dude.

KK first off, IDK if you listen to Demon Hunter, but their choruses are beautifully sung.

nvm.

You could definately just rearrange these songs. Just sing them low. Change the guitar lines a little bit. Personalize the song. That will also score you points with Battle of the Bands, at least if you do it well.

blood venom!
06-01-2007, 01:04 PM
that sounds pretty nice

leo_p8
06-01-2007, 06:39 PM
LionHart, Demon Hunter is HardCore... not death... Cannibal Corpse and Necrophagist are DeathMetal.

As far as the threadstarters problem... too bad man. I have to agree with BodaciousBass here. You can't force your voice to do something it won't without tearing something. I love HardCore and DeathMetal... but have never ever sung (in over 5 years of playing with the band) a song in which I didn't fit. If I have to sing I'll do a JohnMayer cover, or something similar... that's what my singing voice is most like. I don't scream or roar or whatever you want to call it... I don't do HeavyMetal ball-squeezing high pitches... nope... I can do a falsetto (sp?) here or there if it's not too high... but not much else, besides keaping in tune.

So... IMO, don't do something you know you can't... because in music, once you burn yourself onstage... it's GodDamned hard to come back.

Either play songs that fit your singing voice or don't sing.