Speed Metal!

PDA

View Full Version : Speed Metal!

dooshbag dave
06-01-2007, 08:58 PM
hey guys, this is the first song i've posted on here before.pleas listen to th ewhole thing, i know a couple parts are cheesy but there are some pretty good parts too, especially the solos, of which there are 4, i think. i think it's pretty cool. it's nothing i would ever play in my band or anything but as far as technical ability goes, it's a pretty neat deal. i'm not actually able to 'play' some parts of it, but i wrote the whole thing myself. tell me what you guys think. peace :peace:

dooshbag dave
06-01-2007, 09:08 PM
yeah dude that song kicks ass

dooshbag dave
06-01-2007, 09:09 PM
yeah!

ouchies
06-02-2007, 11:40 AM
That was pretty freakin awesome, i dunno about the slower section in the middle though but everything else was awesome. I especialyl loved the riff that it opened up with

buckethead_jr
06-02-2007, 02:50 PM
yeah dude that song kicks ass
yeah!
:no:

It was pretty awesome though.

SGxMastodonxSG
06-03-2007, 06:44 AM
Well, I was pleasantly suprised. I don't really like metal anymore, especially speed metal. I thought I wouldn't like this, but there was something about this that kept me listening. I really liked it, pretty freaking amazing. I do still love Progressive Metal though, that's probably it. I was rather impressed. The only part that was odd to me was the last four bars or so of the first solo.

Also, is that little bass solo fill near the beginning possible? :P

****ing ace job dude, 9.5/10
I think the clean part is my favorite part, but it's all good.

ClosedCasket
06-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Dude, i must say, that rocks. hard.

Nunwhxre 666
06-03-2007, 06:58 PM
How about a MIDI for those without Guitar Pro?

dooshbag dave
06-03-2007, 08:43 PM
How about a MIDI for those without Guitar Pro?

my computer won't convert to MIDI, ****ty sound card. but, tell you what, post your e-mail on here, and i'll send you a free, 'full', version of guitar pro 5. how's that sound.

Nunwhxre 666
06-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Nah. I already have Guitar Pro 5, but it won't install.

ch715dallat
06-04-2007, 04:06 PM
my computer won't convert to MIDI, ****ty sound card. but, tell you what, post your e-mail on here, and i'll send you a free, 'full', version of guitar pro 5. how's that sound.

midi has nothing to do with the soundcard in this situation you just go file>export>MIDI and save the file then post it, nothing has to get played on your computer :confused:

Edit: that was sweet, i love the main riff with the run on the single string and then the riffs with the harmonised dweeps were gret and the solos were perfect to, i didnt care for the long chord section or the acoustic bit much either. great stuff.

one thing tho i dont understand why someone would write something they couldnt play? :confused: i dunno

dooshbag dave
06-04-2007, 09:57 PM
one thing tho i dont understand why someone would write something they couldnt play? :confused: i dunno

its called dreaming my friend. oh, and i can use the MIDI export function on gp5, but when i play the midi file, no sound is produced, it will play but no sound. i've already checked the volume controls, in the computer, and manual. everything is right, so i'm blaming it on the soundcard.

ch715dallat
06-04-2007, 10:10 PM
but that means you can still post the file for others to listen to it. it just doesnt work on your computer not everyone elses ;)

Burning_Angel
06-05-2007, 08:37 AM
I actually really enjoyed all of that... Sure, the solos were my favorite, but the mellow part was pretty cool too.

And how do you put those little open circles or pluses over a note? I know the plus happens on tapping, but you weren't even tapping...

dooshbag dave
06-11-2007, 05:55 PM
thanks for the crit you guys, i'll try and post some of my bands songs next, completely different style, but i think you'll like it, especially if your in to progressive/melodic groove metal, thanks again.