Quick attempt at Funk Song

PDA

View Full Version : Quick attempt at Funk Song

gonzaw
06-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Well....as the title say.....
I made the original riff with my acoustic (I usually end up making simple improvised riffs when I pick my acoustic :p: ).........then added the bass, the drums and the chorus (which I think is pretty good.
Then I made the solo in 5 minutes or so :p: , I will fix it tomorrow.

I don't know why I made this song in such a few period of time.....but I felt to,....I like improvising songs :p:

Anyway..
Enjoy :D

rodrigomierh
06-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Man, That was awesome, i think this is your best song, the overall vibe is great, and everything sounds perfectly, the bass plus the rhythm strumming is killer. 9/10
great work.

arcains_valor
06-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I usually don't like that type of music, but that wasn't bad. It was kind of cool how you had a lot of beat with the guitar using the dead chucks. I think it might have sounded better if you had ended with a different chord. Something funky. otherwise, I give it 8/10

crit mine?

gonzaw
06-03-2007, 04:47 PM
^Thanks for the crit...I'll crit yours immediately...just tell me which one :)

Man, That was awesome, i think this is your best song, the overall vibe is great, and everything sounds perfectly, the bass plus the rhythm strumming is killer. 9/10
great work.

:eek:
Wow....thanks the crit :D
I spent like 5 minutes doing it and improvised almost everything, I just got some RHCP inspiration

rodrigomierh
06-04-2007, 03:06 PM
that's the attitude man!! :cheers:

jamiedonnelly93
06-04-2007, 03:30 PM
thats a really killer rhythm you've got their, the strumming pattern is great, i wish i could write good funk songs, ive tried one if you wanna crit it?

its in the forum under What The Funk?

DarkTom666
06-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Cheers for the crit man ;) now on to yours:

Nothing great with the guitar in the intro I thought, but the bass... wow... killer bassline :)
The verse was really good, especially because of the bass, and the drums flowed perfectly...
The interlude was very good in my opinion... the first one that is...
The chorus was very groovy, very funky ;)
Nothing special about that second interlude, though it could've been better...
Didn't care much for the solo, I don't know, didn't think it flowed well IMO ><... I know you can write way better solos than that one ;)
The third interlude could have been better too but it was good..

Overall, great song, could use some work on the interludes and the solo 8/10 keep it up ;)

gonzaw
06-04-2007, 06:06 PM
^Yeah I know what you mean.......I did everything with the disto in like 15 minutes and left it like it was.......I will fix the solo later, maybe I'll work on the interludes right now...

Thanks for the crit :)