Plagued Paradise[MID][GP5]

PDA

View Full Version : Plagued Paradise[MID][GP5]

Bodomizer
06-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Lets see, i've been working off and on on this song for a few months. I'm very satisfied with my result. Definitely my longest and best song. I think i'm finally finding my sound, which is honestly just a melodic song without alot of structure. lol
So please crit, i'll return the favor. Thanks.

LucasGtrGod
06-03-2007, 11:18 PM
yeah it's pretty good man. When you said long i imagined like six minutes, because thats what msot people see as long (not me though) and yeha i'd classify fifteen minutes as long. But yeah it's really cool, there are a few parts that could have been repeated olny half as many itmes, and now and then some of the harmonies sound a little bit cheesey, but this was rare and overall it was fantastic.

NightWingMafia
06-04-2007, 03:09 AM
i liked it alot but only listened to bar 1-100 but they were good, i dont know much bout music but i thought it was pretty good, nice job ,fifteen minutes is too long for me though

ECistheBest
06-04-2007, 03:21 AM
this is like... four or five songs just combined lol.
like every part is cool. u got cool transitions. but its like stairway to heaven...

Sadistic sponge
06-05-2007, 10:21 AM
The piano interlude is cool, along with the shredding after. The first, second guitar solos are nice. The harmonies are kinda used alot, but if thats what you like, big deal. This song is a wankfest haha. Not a bad thing. Can you actually play this? If so, very nice. Overall it's pretty good, with good solos. Some people are definately going to be turned off by the fact that is is essentially a shred song, but oh well. Also, add drums some time, though it sounds fine without.

RedDeath9
06-05-2007, 08:41 PM
I love the intro, the guitar part right after was ok, not as god as the piano part. The harmonies were pretty cool throughout the whole song.

The piano part at 101 was pretty sweet. Lol, the harmonized part after isn't that bad either.

I wasn't really sure about the piano part at 148, but when the guitar came in it was ok. The riff that starts at bar 165 sounds cool, kinda ethereal. I loved it.

I didn't really like the part that started 174. However, I liked bar 182.

The harmonization at bar 194 is pretty cool lol.

The acoustic part that started at 203 was great, got even better when the piano came in.

:haha Started to sound like a video game at bar 282.

That was pretty good, but some parts got kinda boring for me. 8.5/10.

ch715dallat
06-05-2007, 09:03 PM
:eek: great that is all. :headbang:

chris_122
06-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Great song. I really loved all of the harmonies you used in it, since I'm in love with harmonies lol. Great use of key changes, there were so many I lost count, but my favorite was when it would switch from Bm to D, I just liked it for some reason.

One of my favorite parts was the little acoustic interlude in bars 298-303. And I pretty much loved all of the piano, especially the intro and outro.

Only thing I didn't like was the use of unnecessary repeats, some parts lasted too long IMO. And one last thing, put some drums! lol I have been wanting to put some in myself as I was listening to it.

Overall it was a great song. Good Job!

Nunwhxre 666
06-06-2007, 01:59 PM
This was a great song. Now, I don't feel like pointing out all the great sections, as that would be alot due to a length of 15 minutes. Lol. Just know that I enjoyed it quite much. 8/10

If you get a chance, could you crit one of mine (Preferable Diverse Metal, seeing as how it's my newest)

Bodomizer
06-08-2007, 03:23 PM
thanks alot everyone.

oh and the thing about drums, i was wanting to, but im absolutely terrible at making drum tracks, so i didn't want to ruin the song. lol

buckethead_jr
06-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Sweet intro, all went together nicely, especially loved the use of the diminished arpeggios in the piano track.
Piano Shredzorz, definetely wasn't expecting that, but it was great.
Didn't really like the idea of the guitar repeating everything the piano done, made it sound a little repetative. And some chords started clashing with the melody at bars 29-30.

The next riff was cool, but when you add the String Ensemble it needs drums.
Bar 49 was another cool riff, but i don't really see it going anywhere, it's starting to sound like a couple of cool riffs just brought together rather than a song.
The solo thing starting at 71 was excellent, especially the sweeps at the end.
5-12 stretch?:wtf: good luck with that.
101+ sounds epic. Love that piano part. The harmony solo there was awesome.
Woah, you must have a good knowlage of arpeggios cause they are all amazing.
164-172 = :confused:
The riff at 174 started cool, but then went way out of key. Just keep that part in key and it'll sound great.
Solo @ 190 was also cool. Sounds kind of like a metal version of a Classical song.
Next solo @ 244 : Very nice, the acoustic sounds so wierd though :eek: But i liked it.
277-280 = Awesome again, didn't like the distortion guitar with the powerchords, it's one of those melodies that sound better with no backing guitar.
Another Classical influence at 304-307 yes? haha, loved it.
Ended well too. Although i think i've heard that riff before on here, either from ch715dallat or zakatak. Ach well, good stuff.

ch715dallat
06-09-2007, 03:49 PM
dunno that riff? it sounds something zak might have done, but i certainly didnt ;) it might be similar but i dont remember seeing that exact riff so id say your all clear ;)

buckethead_jr
06-09-2007, 04:17 PM
^must'a been zak then. I know i've heard it on here.

Bodomizer
06-10-2007, 12:32 AM
i dont think i've listened to any of zaks songs, but when writing this, i kept thinking that i was ripping off symphony x but i listened to alot of their songs and didnt hear it so i just kept writing. but thanks alot for that crit man.

Bodomizer
06-10-2007, 12:41 AM
i dont think i've listened to any of zaks songs, but when writing this, i kept thinking that i was ripping off symphony x but i listened to alot of their songs and didnt hear it so i just kept writing. but thanks alot for that crit man.