(GP5, GP4, MIDI) Our King Lay Slain (F**KING EPIC)

PDA

View Full Version : (GP5, GP4, MIDI) Our King Lay Slain (F**KING EPIC)

Captian Xero
06-04-2007, 12:59 AM
Yeah... I've been working on this one all day... I dare say this is my masterpiece...

ak Gitaroo Man
06-04-2007, 01:13 AM
It sounds kinda repetitive IMO. I think you should vary some of the chord sequences and melodies just a wee bit in particular the part around 0:52 ish. Kinda epic.

Nunwhxre 666
06-04-2007, 01:49 AM
I really enjoyed that. I thought it was well written and sounded good. I wouldn't call it EPIC until towards the end, but still a very good peice that would serve as an excellent intro to an album.

9/10 because as Gitaroo man said, some parts get a tad repetitive.

Crit my newest? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599121

Captian Xero
06-04-2007, 02:05 AM
I'll take the advice and change a few things... I'll post an updated version tomorrow.

Grovermans
06-04-2007, 02:22 AM
to be honest, it was incredibly boring.
there were no interesting chords,
no interesting riffs, and no variations.
it lacks a real structure, and as a result,
it ends up feeling like one long, drawn-out,
boring riff with a tired, cliche progression.
it's also WAY too short to be considered "epic".

sorry to be harsh; i'm just trying to be constructive.

SGxMastodonxSG
06-04-2007, 02:24 AM
to be honest, it was incredibly boring.
there were no interesting chords,
no interesting riffs, and no variations.
it lacks a real structure, and as a result,
it ends up feeling like one long, drawn-out,
boring riff with a tired, cliche progression.
it's also WAY too short to be considered "epic".

sorry to be harsh; i'm just trying to be constructive.

I love the song the lyrics in your sig are from.
/Spam

I do agree with Grovermans, but length doesn't have much to do with epicness. I thought there were some definite interesting pieces in there.

ch715dallat
06-04-2007, 04:27 PM
jeez some harsh criticism above :haha

i actually really enjoyed it, it was shorter than i thought it was goin to be which is good, would be great with some power metal vocals or even some rough vocals like the vocals in freebird. it was very enjoyable especially when it started to pick up speed. it would be nice to hear a recording of it but this has obvioulsy taken you some amount of time with all the different voices an all so well done ;)

:cheers:

Captian Xero
06-04-2007, 05:43 PM
I like the criticism... It's just a reality check on what I should be doing. I'm currently updating and revising some of this... although I'm not making any major change....

ctb
06-04-2007, 06:05 PM
I liked it when it started from lll. A longer version will be better I should think . :)

gonzaw
06-04-2007, 06:49 PM
The intro doesn't sound too good in some parts....I think its due to the volume of the guitar or something like that.....
I really enjoyed it apart from that...I liked the other guitar in the beggining and the flutes :)
Part 3 is so great....I liked the lead guitar and the harmony :)
And then it calms down....its cool.
I like how you use the instruments and such....
I kind of took a surprise because of the distortion guitar at the end, but it was a nice way to end it.....

If you made it longer and made some adjustments in volumes and such.....it should be great :cheers:

8.5/10

leo_p8
06-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Meh... it's not epic... not to me, anyway.

I thought it was just plain bland... nothing in it to make it shine or jump up at you... just the classical progressions over the common backings with the same old drum loops...

Sorry, man... I'm being honest... perhaps the psychological factor got me, though... I read "Epic" on the title, and you said it may be your best work... and then it was like getting hit repeatedly in the balls with a sock full of quarters... not epic... just painful - and boring.

Don't take this as a personal offence... just my opinion on the song.

Best of luck.