How to get better acoustics in a warehouse?

PDA

View Full Version : How to get better acoustics in a warehouse?

mastodonovan
06-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Alright so my band has been playing shows/practicing in this big ass wear house, to give you a description it's a pretty large warehouse with concrete floors, cinder block walls, and a high ceiling, can anyone tell me how wo make the acoustics better? we have all the instruments/amps/speakers on plywood with carpet over that plywood, and that helped a lot, but it's still pretty bad, any suggestions?? thanks.

RollingWalrus
06-05-2007, 01:50 PM
if the amps/speakers hit the resonant frequency of the floor or room that could be a problem. try putting the speakers on a stand, or carpet as you said, or suggest the place install some kind of anti echo stuff. Infact putting other things in the room could help.
sorry im not an expert, let me know what sorts it out and good luck,
rollingwalrus

Dutch_Apples
06-06-2007, 05:52 AM
You should actually feel lucky. I used to practice with a band in the crab/fish cooler of a seafood processing plant. The room was actually a giant refrigirator with concrete floors, a 7 foot tall ceiling, and the smell....

mastodonovan
06-11-2007, 02:09 PM
yeah but it had a 7 foot ceiling, not 18.

tubab0y
06-11-2007, 04:11 PM
cranking it and wearing earplugs sometimes cuts resonant frequencies. that and putting sound emitting objects on little carpet squares- amps and speakers.

batman123
06-11-2007, 06:24 PM
yeah but it had a 7 foot ceiling, not 18.

Hey guy, 18 would be better actually, more room for the sound to disperse. Now listen closely, open whatever doors and stuff you're aloud so that the sound will leave and you count get so much echo and tinny sounds bouncing around. If you can, drive your cars in there and roll down the windows and doors so the sound will absorb on the interior. Encourage people to come to practice and tell them to wear heavy coats and blankets to absorb sound.