New Melodic Metal. [PTAB/MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : New Melodic Metal. [PTAB/MIDI]

Nunwhxre 666
06-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Well, this a peice I've been working on for the past 2 hours, if that. It's a combination of a few genres (metal of course). The intro is a more upbeat power metal-esque riff and lead. Then it transitions into a melodic death verse. Then a sorta melodic black-ish prechorus and finally goes into a chorus that I think sounds pretty folk. And I've yet to write more past that because I don't know if I like this or not. So I figured I'd post it here to hopefully get some feedback on it. At this point the main question is keep working and try and finish or trash it?

Crit for crit as always.

Much appreciated. :D

:EDIT: Scroll down for a completed version.

TehNez
06-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Pretty cool. It def needs to be done with real guitars.

Mettliccaa
06-05-2007, 08:33 PM
It needs a more apocalyptic ending....... if thats how you spell it.

Continue

DarkTom666
06-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Keep working on it, definitely! I really enjoyed it, the intro was very cool, nice riffs... The lead was plain awesome in every part, especially the chorus. That's the part I loved the most I must say... Anyways, really cool song, really metal, hope you continue with it ;)!

Crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=598550

Nunwhxre 666
06-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Hmm. Maybe I will work on it more. I seem to be getting some good feedback.

Burning_Angel
06-05-2007, 11:14 PM
I like it so far! To short to crit yet though. =/

Nunwhxre 666
06-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Ok. I've finished this song. I added a guitar solo that actually sounds pretty 80's metal-ish (lol. Not what I was going for, but I actually like it) Then that goes into a very fast paced power metal Verse 2. Which transitions into a tech. death pre-chorus and finally into a black metal chorus. And from there it ends with a slower epic solo section type thing. This has proven to be my most diverse song I've ever written. And I've grown to like this. I'm glad I continued it.

Comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

:EDIT: Some of the new sections didn't seem to flow so smooth, so I edited them so they transitioned smoother.

NightWingMafia
06-06-2007, 04:34 PM
intro was awesome i think it would be a great song with real guitars, but i enjoyed the middle too, good work

Sadistic sponge
06-06-2007, 04:37 PM
I didn't like the intro, but after that it's pretty cool. All the leads are excellent. I really like the galloping riff just before the slap bass line.

Nunwhxre 666
06-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Yeah. The intro is kinda happy sounding compared to the rest. Not really what I was aiming for, but I think it's catchy (if I do say so myself.)

Thanks for the crits.

gonzaw
06-06-2007, 08:47 PM
I think the rythm guitar in the intro should have less volume than the lead.....nevertheless the intro is so good....
The riff at 3 is genious,.......the bass seems nice too
Well.....maybe you need another bar before 6 to make the transition smoother.....
The verse riff is great too...I just don't know if the transition within the riff from 7 to 8 is that good....It sounds too hurried up....
The riff at 10 was very good too.
I like the riff at 12 and the harmony.....and I love the transition to the solo.
The solo was very good too.....and the slides before the next riff were great too (which again has a great riff)...
I didn't feel the transition from 28 to 29 was too great neither.....well...keep working on it.
I really liked the solo at 31.....it has a nice melody and the rythm acoustic sounds great too....but I think you could add a last bar to the song and let the acoustic play a little more than the lead....and then let it ring out....

In overal....it had great riffs and it was a great song 8.5/10 :)

Wanna crit one of mine? (the last one from my sig if you can :) , or any of the last 4 really....)

Burning_Angel
06-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Nice job finishing it off! All of it sounds so good.... I especially enjoyed the second chorus.

lukephillips000
01-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Wow, that was EPIC.

I especially liked the first verse and the second prechorus. The second chorus had a pretty sweet chord sequence as well. The only thing I would change is I would take out the repeat on the pre-verse.

Otherwise, I don;t really know what to say, I mean, it's a really good song, you don't need to do anything to it at all.