Help us Please need a stage

PDA

View Full Version : Help us Please need a stage

Dimebag2004
06-06-2007, 08:55 AM
My band is thinking about doing a local neighborhood gig somthing very small and we would like some ideas on how to make a cheap stage to play on

feel free to email it to us to at dimebag2010@yahoo.com
or mangaartist2k8@yahoo.com

Lord_Xian
06-06-2007, 09:08 AM
If you are a metal band, which other kinds of bands are there? You should pile up a load of dead bodies and play on that. Very cool for a first gig.

trueguitarhero
06-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Dude, we are doing that. It screams Metal from the very core of its existence.

Ur all $h1t
06-06-2007, 09:40 AM
What our school does is they get a load of desks and put them all close together then nails large boards over them (the nails are later removed when the stage is taken apart)
hey presto
Instant stage, as good as anything really.

You just need lots of desks.

Earang
06-06-2007, 10:33 AM
why don't you rent a stage? their not that expensive,, really, their not!

im_hungry
06-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Wood and lumps of concrete?

tubab0y
06-08-2007, 11:31 PM
tables? especially cafeteria type tables.

jsbud11
06-09-2007, 03:15 AM
Get lots of cinder blocks and wood, turn the wood into a stage supported by the cinder blocks.

dethskar0
06-09-2007, 04:51 AM
um... just find a local place that'll book you for free?

gtrhero93
06-09-2007, 11:17 PM
do you even need a stage? just play, but do something cool to take away from the fact that you dont have a stage. like a light show.

KavaticaMetal
06-11-2007, 09:45 AM
foget a stage dude, one of the most popular local venues in my town doesn't even have a stage and it's fine. in fact some times i enjoy playing on the same level as the crowd....it makes the crowd feel more like they are just as much in this as you are....and it makes pile ups a lot more fun. just get some flood lights to make it bright enough to see you throwing down. dead bodies=metal. that would work too.

p.s. under your gear it says your playing a squire strat on a 20 watt amp? no no, :no: please do not try and play a show with this...find at least some kind of cab to hook up too, if not a completely different amp...and a guitar that actually has some tone if possible......

trueguitarhero
06-12-2007, 08:08 AM
p.s. under your gear it says your playing a squire strat on a 20 watt amp? no no, please do not try and play a show with this...find at least some kind of cab to hook up too, if not a completely different amp...and a guitar that actually has some tone if possible......
Dude, it's just a neighborhood gig. we don't need gibsons and marshall stacks. don't be dissin' my rythm guitarist. We predict about a dozen people will even show up. We don't need to be the loudest thing in a ten-mile radius. Anyways, can we use your dead body to build our metal stage?

malcs
06-12-2007, 06:11 PM
trust me you will need more that 20 watts. ive had a gig when there were two 100 watt amps and some guy brought at 10 watt amp. it was pretty funny to say the least

bassplayerric
06-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Don't worry about a "stage", you will be fine without one.

I might mike the 20 watt amp and run it through the PA, just enough to boost it to be heard.

The main trick is to sound good without being too loud. There's nothing that says "we're inexperienced" better than a band whose individual members crank up over each other. I have been-there-done-that and still clearly see the facial expressions of the crowd. It is not something you want :D .

Remember, what you hear up there, isn't the same as what is being heard out front. Volume management is a constant battle.

Good luck to you. :D

Dimebag2004
06-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Please people relize this the entire space of the show is a driveway okay so i understand if more than 50 ppl were there yes but the fact is we are very unknown and really just about 10-20 ppl will be their to come hear us this is just to get a little experience and exposure for the band.

Edit: summer job= BIG amp

bassplayerric
06-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Okay that helps.

I'd do a test run and see if you can hear that amp out front with the full band playing.

If you can, there you go. :D

Have fun and good luck.

KavaticaMetal
06-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Dude, it's just a neighborhood gig. we don't need gibsons and marshall stacks. don't be dissin' my rythm guitarist. We predict about a dozen people will even show up. We don't need to be the loudest thing in a ten-mile radius. Anyways, can we use your dead body to build our metal stage?

Woah, slow down turbo, i wasn't trying to "diss" anybody(haven't heard that word since 3rd grade), i was just saying that the drums are going to completely drown out a 20 watt amp. unless you are gonna mike that thing than get a cab. but since it is gonna be in somebodys drive way it sounds like probably no miking. as far as the guitar goes...just not a fan of squire...not hating on anybody that plays them, just the company that makes them.

p.s. as far as using my dead body for your stage of metalness, no. i'd ask to use yours for a stage for my band, but really don't need to make our own stages since we play REAL gigs at real venues with real crowds..... and yes that was a "diss" towards you, just for clarification. you are a hothead and a tool. so have fun at your show. (seirously though, have fun. even though i just said mean things at you, i hope you guys get a good turn out and have fun. the only reason i be "dissin" you is cause you were trying to "diss" me first. i really don't have a problem with you.)

Count Seanula
06-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Woah, slow down turbo, i wasn't trying to "diss" anybody(haven't heard that word since 3rd grade), i was just saying that the drums are going to completely drown out a 20 watt amp. unless you are gonna mike that thing than get a cab. but since it is gonna be in somebodys drive way it sounds like probably no miking. as far as the guitar goes...just not a fan of squire...not hating on anybody that plays them, just the company that makes them.

p.s. as far as using my dead body for your stage of metalness, no. i'd ask to use yours for a stage for my band, but really don't need to make our own stages since we play REAL gigs at real venues with real crowds..... and yes that was a "diss" towards you, just for clarification. you are a hothead and a tool. so have fun at your show. (seirously though, have fun. even though i just said mean things at you, i hope you guys get a good turn out and have fun. the only reason i be "dissin" you is cause you were trying to "diss" me first. i really don't have a problem with you.)

That made me laugh :p:

wholovesthesun
06-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Try using a big rug for a stage.