Short, acoustic song (dunno what genre... rock?)

PDA

View Full Version : Short, acoustic song (dunno what genre... rock?)

Sharkuzzi
06-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Okay, this one is an instrumental song, and it's very short. I've made this after listening to a few Hendrix songs. I think it's quite good, it could an album intro, or something like that.
Dunno if i should make it longer, and add an overdriven guitar solo. You tell me! :D

GP5 file!

Please crit! :peace:

EDIT: NEW FILE!

rodrigomierh
06-07-2007, 07:29 PM
can you post a midi or GP4 file please.

Sharkuzzi
06-08-2007, 01:43 AM
Of course I can. :)

rodrigomierh
06-08-2007, 02:08 AM
oh man, that was really good but way too short!!, i feel like i missed something, i really like the chord strumming patterns. I loved the riff starting at bar 10, but i didn't like how the song flowed from the beginning to that bar. i was left also without a solo, but thats maybe because its only one guitar. Anyway you should definitely consider extending this piece as I really enjoyed it. Great job. 8.5/10.

Mind critting my new acoustic piece? its called caustic acoustic, thanks.
PS. thanks for the crit.

Sharkuzzi
06-08-2007, 04:22 AM
Okay, i've made it a little bit longer. :) I think this song shouldn't be too long, 2-3 minutes are enough. I tried to make a solo on dist/ov guitar, but it just doesn't fit, and the whole song is just like a one big solo.

New file is in my FIRST post!

gonzaw
06-08-2007, 02:40 PM
I liked the intro chords.... maybe they should need more participation from the bass or drums.....eh.....its okay as it is....
I liked the riff at 10...but the transition to the speed up chords didn't flow that well, although I really liked that part...and the bass too.
I liked 22 too....sounded good, and the next part with the chords too.
I liked the riff at 36.......
Well...it looks like I like quite a lot from it :p: , maybe you could improve the transition from the intro riff to the next one too
THe thing I really liked too was the riff at 69.....
8/10......

Mind critting one of mine? (in sig....one of the last 5 if you can :) )