Do This Seem Fair?

PDA

View Full Version : Do This Seem Fair?

zer0monkey
06-07-2007, 07:36 PM
So my band is looking to release a demo in a few weeks (hopefully) in hopes of having a little something to show to places asking for press kits and things and of course, to make a little money on the side.

We were also thinking about getting some pins and stickers printed up to sell along with the demo if they should want them. So we were thinking maybe $4-5 for the 3 song demo, two stickers and a pin. (and yes, the tracks are simply basement demos but we are hoping to get some studio time with the money made from all this)
Does this seem fair (from a consumer's point of view)?

KetchupLad14
06-07-2007, 07:41 PM
(I'm assuming you write originals) I think $4 seems totally fair. That's perfect.

The Raven
06-07-2007, 07:41 PM
yes.

long gone
06-07-2007, 07:42 PM
eh. 3 songs?

they better be amazing and not have terrible recording. Nothing i hate moer than a bad quality recording.

zer0monkey
06-07-2007, 07:45 PM
eh. 3 songs?

they better be amazing and not have terrible recording. Nothing i hate moer than a bad quality recording.
that's typically the suggested length for a demo or CD you put into a press kit. You don't want to put too many songs or too few songs so 3 seems to be the magic number most of the time. That's the main idea of the release but we were hoping to make a few dollars on the side to maybe go towards some studio time too.

skater dan0
06-08-2007, 11:18 AM
like long gone said they better be good quality recordings or they won't be worth selling

Kid_Thorazine
06-08-2007, 07:04 PM
I've bought plenty of records that werent professional quality, that used to be really really common in the indi, punk and metal scenes, and still is with more underground stuff. $4 seems about right for something like that (especially considering what I've seen some demo tapes from semi-obscure local bands going for after they release a couple of LPs.)