Epic song Classic rock GP4 and MIDI (C4C)

PDA

View Full Version : Epic song Classic rock GP4 and MIDI (C4C)

hendo123456789
06-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Heres my latest piece. Please take the time to listen to it.
Will you especially try to get to the bits with the distortion guitar and tell me wht you think of the outro. I know its a long song but please
C4C :peace:

JimmyPage97
06-08-2007, 02:06 PM
I liked it a lot! It was so Boston! lol, I was thinking "Boston" or "Chicago" the whole time. Really nice ballad.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602608 C4C? ^_^

rodrigomierh
06-08-2007, 04:57 PM
i can see this is very November rain inspired, by the song structure :p::p:, i liked it but it gets kind of repetitive, the outro lead bends are off at some parts, but may be just because of the midi. I think the solo at 122 its too simple and i didn't like that it had the same melody as the rhythm. the distortion guitar following the piano makes the song sound epic, i like the sound it creates. the other thing i didn't like were the strings rundown before the outro.

You better come with nice lyrics like in November rain, cause i can hear you really put effort in this one. 8/10 but just because there are some few things I didn't like, otherwise the song itself is well written. good job.

BerryTree
06-08-2007, 05:55 PM
you used the november rain song structure...so i keep thinking november rain the whole time....its good but you should be more original. (Even the end is straight from the song man...)

JesseBlanchard
06-09-2007, 02:36 AM
As others have said, sounds alot liek november rain. Not really my style of music so I sort fo foudn the acoustic and piano at the start boring, but once the distortion got in, it was good. I really lked the solos and the end was pretty good.

C4C?

ECistheBest
06-09-2007, 02:47 AM
lol yea the piano's kinda boring... its just repeat.
it was somehow clipping on my headphones...
haha last part is stairway to heaven

SGxMastodonxSG
06-09-2007, 05:07 AM
My gripe with the song is that it feels...dragged out? It gets a little repetitive after a while and got a little boring for me. It definitely a cool idea though, and a good song other than that.

hendo123456789
06-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Thats foir all the crits so far guys ill get onto it all.Especially the lead outro and the piano ;)

hendo123456789
06-11-2007, 07:24 AM
Ive updated it a little not much. Changed the solos and made a little modification at the end before the outro

bakshandloomis
06-11-2007, 04:51 PM
i liked it all except the ending of the first solo, it could use some work. and the 17-17-15-15 part of the second solo was too repetitive. other than that it was good.

BerryTree
06-11-2007, 05:24 PM
See...here my main concern about this song. What makes November rain a special song in general is the singing, and imo it would be hella boring without it...so yea this song is dragged Add a vocal melody to it and it would be better. (This is true for most ballads, the singing makes the song). Be more original, this sounds too much like November rain for me.... it just sounds like a poor mans version of it.

BerryTree
06-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Oh yea and add more variety in the solo outro...its the same lick repeated over and over again. (The bends are also out of key),

mattyp90
06-13-2007, 08:22 AM
I agree Berry about adding vocals. It would improve it so much and round off the song giving it a focal point, however, I do understand that it's proper hard to come up with lyrics, or even just a vocal melody, so this is something you might take a long time over.
Overall it's very good, just needs something to add some variation, whether you go for the vocals or change some guitar parts. Nice work.