Necrophiliac Dogs (Insane Death Metalin DROP DROP C) [GP5, GP4, MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : Necrophiliac Dogs (Insane Death Metalin DROP DROP C) [GP5, GP4, MIDI]

Invictious
06-09-2007, 06:29 AM
WOW, DROP DROP C!

Haven't submitted another song for so long, never got around to doing it.

This is well...doesn't sound that good in GP5. I would have tuned the bass an octave lower too, but it wouldn't register the lowest lowest note, so.. it's in original drop C.
A bit of Nile influence
It's less..dissonant..but yea, here it is.

Necrophiliac Dogs

webbtje
06-09-2007, 06:35 AM
Could you possibly post a non-GP tab? I like the sound of it on MIDI, but don't have guitar pro. Sounds good.

Of_Wolves
06-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Okay, while I like it, I really think this tuning is complete bollocks, it sounds so much better in just plain old drop C. Besides do you know a guitar that could naturally play this drop drop C of yours lol.

Okay okay octave pedle but thats not the point heh :p:

So yeah my only complaint was your stupid ass tunings, other than that I'm really digging your death riffage man.

Keep it up! :D

Invictious
06-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks for your comments.
Ok, regarding the tuning.

I used to use .015s, and they CAN handle drop drop E, although they feel like .009s in Drop A, but that's beside the point.
I do agree that pushing it to drop drop c might be a bit insane, unless I use like .017s.

So yea, octave pedal is intended.
Thank god the bass was unable to tune an octave lower, or my subwoofers would explode

Of_Wolves
06-09-2007, 11:19 AM
hehe sure thing man.
Tuning too low scares me some times haha.

If I ever post something up I'll let you know, I'd love to get some comments back from you :)

The bass is a low enough instrument as it is without dropping down that far :D I should think your subwoofers are pleased :p:

Invictious
06-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Yes, listening to it just makes me wonder, it's gotta be like playing rubber bands :D

I really wanted to drop the bass an octave lower, but the lowest notes just can't be heard..

leo_p8
06-09-2007, 11:42 AM
I don't like it, sorry... it's just too common, ordinary and plain for my personal tastes.

Add diversity to the riffing, add some time-signature changes, hell, have the drums do something other than blast beats. I don't know what to tell you... no matter how low you tune it... the actual music is just bland.

Sorry, man, but DO keap at it.

ctb
06-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Invictious is back! with another of his brutal compositions! :D I have to say unfortunetly I don't really like this one i'm afraid lol.

Invictious
06-09-2007, 09:17 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

/dies.

I already made the piece not follow the typical song structures, which adds an element of surprise into it already.

I don't remember using a riff over and over again either (Lamb of God anyone?), each riff was inherently different. How I keep on using RIFF - RHYTHM - RIFF - RHYTHM (note alliteration, creates rhythm) might have made it less interesting.

Thanks for your comments though. I will keep them in mind for me next one.

ch715dallat
06-09-2007, 10:00 PM
this is another one of your songs that has nothing. you seem to think that because its death and you want it to be 'brutal' you have to have no hooks melody or anything remotely like music in it. :rolleyes: in my opinion you should drop the silly low tunings and come up with something people will enjoy listening to :rolleyes:

also drop the silly names. they mean nothing

BC_Joshlz
06-09-2007, 11:14 PM
haha.. i loved the Drop Drop C. Except that its hardly possible to actually play it. And unlike ur ther songs. i actually listened to this one the wholeway through.. Nice brutal metal! Keep it up!

zakatak9389
06-12-2007, 07:05 PM
dude, you're songs are just becoming more and more ridiculous. The tuning is just stupid, and the song is nothing but noise and random notes. The whole BR00TAL!!! thing is just over the top. Try to do something that is even remotely melodic. Listen to Death or Necrophagist, that's death metal. This was garbage. Sorry man, but I didn't like this at all.

BerryTree
06-12-2007, 07:52 PM
its prolly not for everyone, and def. wasn't for me, but it was interesting i guess. I get this vibe however that you just made it like that just for the hell of it, without any sort of progression or heart/emotion. That aint good.

ouchies
06-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Come from a fan of extreme metal, grindcore, etc, any type of very music. I think that sucked, terribly. It's just random chromatic notes and crappy atonal harmonies and just shoving in as many tritones as possible. Even if you want to make your music "xBR00T4Lx", it has to be somewhat musical.

Tortiss
06-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Man I really felt the emotion. You almost had me crying man...

Anyhow, That was toattly Brutal. DROP DROP C...Its pure brilliance!

ch715dallat
06-13-2007, 05:57 PM
^ :rolleyes: just because he tuned down and played random notes fast doesnt make it brilliant it doesnt even make it music its pure crap IMO but people here are way too nice just so they can get a crit back.

think about it this way if someone was playing that crap on a CD in your school would you go yeah man thats class,

i highly doubt it. :rolleyes:

Burning_Angel
06-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Well... Twas ok... Listen for what it is and its not bad.

If you had an 8 string that could be done... Cause Meshuggah's in F# (F?)... You'd need a heavier gauge, but it's possible.

Viruk
06-16-2007, 01:57 AM
horrible. drums were just the same symbol over and over again, guitar was random notes.

-5 out of 500

diminishedtobme
06-16-2007, 02:05 AM
It sound better at 150bpm.

Instrumetal
06-16-2007, 04:09 AM
Well, you've thoroughly raped my ears.

buckethead_jr
06-16-2007, 05:00 AM
Well, you've thoroughly raped my ears.
+1

And TS, double drop C is CGCFAC, not an octave below drop C, just thought i'd tell you.