METAL!! The Day Before. GP/MIDI C4C

PDA

View Full Version : METAL!! The Day Before. GP/MIDI C4C

NovemberRain273
06-10-2007, 05:57 AM
WOW it's been a while since I've composed a song, or even played guitar lol. (long story) Anyways I'm back playing and composing and this is a new thing I came up with. Let me know what you think. ;) And remember, crit 4 crit.

TheDarkestNights
06-10-2007, 06:38 AM
Well, Mr "Call me Chris", I'm impressed.

And now that I've grabbed first post :D ... :

I absolutely love the tempo change to 120, sounds like Bodom After Midnight riff. Always a good thing. :p:

Sounds like some old In Flames stuff to me, so another bonus. Chuck a solo in there and you've got an absolute winner.

9/10.

NovemberRain273
06-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Thanks alot man :D Oh yea, I forgot to say that There is a solo in there where it's marked solo) but I didn't tab it out because I hate tabbing out solos, it's almost like i'm caging myself in. I prefer just improvising it on the spot while recording :D

BerryTree
06-10-2007, 09:29 AM
The beginning sounds like 80s metal/thrash, and that style continues throughout the whole song, I like it, especially the variations. Not really my style but I like this song alot, good basic rock song . The acoustic ending fits the song perfectly, but I wouldn't want it to fade out, just my idea. Anyways good job.

Can you crit mine???http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=603580

buckethead_jr
06-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Long time no see. Glad to see you haven't lost that 80's metal touch :)

Intro riff was great, and loving that little solo thing there.
Galloping rhythm wasn't my thing but oh well.
Thing starting on bar 41: sounds a bit like Washington is Next! Only with a few of the notes switched around.
The riff before the solo was cool, especially with the Delay! (or was that just my computer?)
Solo : :confused: Ah i see.
Acoustic outro was also amazing, nice fade out to end it.

Not a lot of negative things about this piece, it's pretty short, is it finished?

ch715dallat
06-10-2007, 02:01 PM
yup its been a while since ive seen you round here :eek: anyhoo another great song, the first riff sounds crap in GP but it always makes those kinda chords sound weird :( the riff on the high e sounds very similar to the riff at teh start of washington is next :eek: but im sure its different enough to it to get away with it. i love the riff before and after the solo. very in flames. love to hear the solo but i know what you mean by the caged into the timings of GP but i just like to get it down there anyways.

get it recorded so we can check it out ;)

:cheers:

edit: woops buckethead_jr said the washington is next thing before me :(

gallagher2006
06-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Eww...I heard a metal song and liked it...I feel dirty :sad:

Anyways, intro riff is one of the simplest yet pleasing riffs I've heard on this forum. The break/Solo seemed a bit taped on to be quite honest, like it didn't really fit. WOuld be nice to have an actual solo, but what the hey, I'm sure it's not finished :haha

gonzaw
06-10-2007, 02:18 PM
I liked the intro riff....it was great.
I also liked the little solo afterwards :)
But the nex riff didn't got my attention that much........I think if you put another instrument or guitar on top of it it would be better as the riff sounds much like a rythm thing....
I liked the part at 41.....specially the rythm guitar and drums.
I kind of like the riff before the solo.........and the drums in the solo are pretty nice too
I like the idea of an acoustic outro...but I think you should make it kind of more interesting....maybe with the bass doing some stuff or something else....(nice fade out btw)

Yeah....good song.....maybe you could choose one of your improvised solos as the "oficial" one for the song and tab it.....but improvise it everytime you play it...

Mind critting mine? (in sig...one of the last 5 if you can :) )

ch715dallat
06-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Eww...I heard a metal song and liked it...I feel dirty :sad:

:rolleyes: i saw your quote on metal in someones sig, lets just say its the most ignorant things ive heard in my life :rolleyes:

zakatak9389
06-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Man bro, I have to say I'm little dissappointed w/ this song. The songs you've written in the past have blown me away, and this, while very good, wasn't what I was expecting from you. The intro riff is good, but I would have liked to hear maybe a melody or a solo at bar 9, but maybe that's just me. The melody after sounds a lot like Jotun IMO. The solo was missing, but I'm sure that w/ your skills you'll write an amazing one. The acoustic outro was simple yet pretty nice. Maybe throw some harmonies in there? Well, this is a good song, but it's just not up to par with your other stuff. 8/10 :)
Crit mine if you could please (in sig)
^^Oh yeah, and what gallagher posted was just a stupid thing to say. And yeah, I agree w/ you chris dallat about the other one. Why does liking a metal song make you dirty :confused:

buckethead_jr
06-12-2007, 11:33 AM
^^Oh yeah, and what gallagher posted was just a stupid thing to say. And yeah, I agree w/ you chris dallat about the other one. Why does liking a metal song make you dirty :confused:
Cause Metal is all speed and no soul, duh :rolleyes:

ch715dallat
06-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Cause Metal is all speed and no soul, duh :rolleyes:

:haha

NovemberRain273
06-13-2007, 12:54 AM
Hey thanks guys, I believe I returned all your crits (those who asked for returns). Yea, I'm starting to get back into my old writing style. BTW what's Washington is Next?

buckethead_jr
06-13-2007, 03:34 AM
Washington is Next?
New Megadeth single off their new album ;)