how can i convince my freinds

PDA

View Full Version : how can i convince my freinds

the_poison125
06-10-2007, 05:58 AM
how can i convince my friends to start a band. i have a friend who's a drummer and another who has a key board. there both pretty good but they don't want to be in a band. the keyboard player thinks when i said band that i meant we were gonna be the next ac/dc o something and said i was stupid for thinking we were good enough to be in a band and the drummer is a stoner and i can never talk him into it

help plz

changeforfuture
06-10-2007, 06:04 AM
I don't really see the point of starting a band with people who don't really want to be in one. Wouldnt everything be kind of half-assed if they really dont want to be in it in the first place?

the_poison125
06-10-2007, 06:10 AM
yer but if i can can get them interested and find something they like i thought they might practise and stuff and it wont be bad. so whats some ideas on how to get them lking the idea of being in a band?

BodaciousBob
06-10-2007, 06:12 AM
Don't call it a band just say let's have a little jam you know rock out.

changeforfuture
06-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Find a song that you all really like and go for it.Really just try and have some fun

kholdphlames
06-10-2007, 06:18 AM
yup, BodaciousBob was right man... but i dont think you should hang out with a stoner...

the_poison125
06-10-2007, 06:32 AM
Find a song that you all really like and go for it.Really just try and have some fun

yer ok il try that. we all like metal but i dunno how to incorporate keyboards into that though hmmmmm...

jazkel24
06-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Dream Theater have keyboards... Heck, Dragonforce have keyboards...

whalepudding
06-10-2007, 10:22 AM
A million metal bands have keyboards. Just try jamming a few times, and if it works start a band.

And tell the keyboardist it's just going to be a fun band that might, possibly, go somewhere, but is mainly just for fun.

Drmckool
06-10-2007, 03:32 PM
unless the musicians want to play music you don't want them in your band. you only want dedicated musicians who want to be the next "AC(lightning bolt) DC"

the_poison125
06-11-2007, 04:11 AM
to guy above me WTF!?!?

Drmckool
06-11-2007, 11:41 AM
how don't you understand me if these guys don't want to be in a band with you don't bother with them, if you coerce them to join it'll just turn bad down the road. then the AC/DC comment was in reference to your first post

jrthegreat91
06-11-2007, 02:09 PM
unless the musicians want to play music you don't want them in your band. you only want dedicated musicians who want to be the next "AC(lightning bolt) DC"

This dude doesnt know what hes talking about you dont only want musicians that want to be the next greatest band of all time. There is such thing as just havin fun with fellow musicians and also when you turn out to not be the next acdc youll be dissapointed. Dont set the bar to high.

willstrats44
06-12-2007, 03:43 PM
dont force it b/c they arent going to be into it and the #1 rule of a band is to have fn and not make it like work but fun!

Mr.Cuddles
06-12-2007, 08:30 PM
listen to Black Sabbath not only are they heavy metal but they own all those other crappy metal bands

the_poison125
06-12-2007, 09:30 PM
ok i think there was some confusion with the ac/dc thing...

my feind thought that when i said "band" he thaught that i was thinking that we were gonna be huge and famous and **** and said that im a retard for thinking we could be in a band. while I was thinking it was just a thing we would do on the weekend for fun...

hope that cleared that up

Drmckool
06-13-2007, 11:13 AM
This dude doesnt know what hes talking about you dont only want musicians that want to be the next greatest band of all time. There is such thing as just havin fun with fellow musicians and also when you turn out to not be the next acdc youll be dissapointed. Dont set the bar to high.

dude i was jsut making a point that being in a band with people who don't want to be in a band sucks. i was in one and the guitarists didn't really care it brought on alot of fights and a lot of bad days because i took it really seriously because music is what i love.

you have to set the bar high if you don't what's the point, you have to strive a work and be all you can be to acheive your goal