"Now Here" - Post-rock/alternative (GP5, GP4, MIDI)

PDA

View Full Version : "Now Here" - Post-rock/alternative (GP5, GP4, MIDI)

mattyp90
06-10-2007, 06:13 PM
I found a tab on this forum yesterday that was labelled as post-rock, I listened to it and loved it, so I went about illegally downloading some tunes by post-rock bands that I'd heard of but not listened to, such as Sigur Ros and Explosions in the Sky. I loved most of that too, so I decided last night to write my take on this style, finishing it off today, with lyrics and vocals also, which is rare for me.

Tell me what you think of melody, lyrics and the song as a whole.
This song is mainly about the guitars harmonising and so I didn't want to add a complex bass, before any angry bassists tell me I'm neglecting it's potential, I own a bass and love it. :D

Thanks in advance, C4C too. :cheers:
PS If you like this you might like another tab I submitted here :
"Behind" - 'Melodic' Indie/Alternative Rock (GP5 GP4, MIDI) (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602899)

ouchies
06-10-2007, 09:39 PM
That was excellent, very well written. I liked the vocals too, and even though the bass was simple it fit in very well. Good job

bakshandloomis
06-12-2007, 02:59 AM
wow this song was really good. the lyrics were excelent, everything fit so well. interlude 1 was the only thing i found a problem with, it just didn't really follow up to the riffs before it. and no solo was kind of a bummer. other than it fantastic.

c4c?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604402

rodrigomierh
06-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Great job, the song is great, i think it flowed perfectly, and the guitars where great too. I wouldn't Change anything except for adding a solo which would be nice. 9/10 because of the missing solo, otherwise it would be perfect

mind critting one of mine? choose from sig, thanks.

hendo123456789
06-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Nice intro probably lasted a bit long. Lovely variation with guitar 3 spot on. Lovely lyrics in V1. Great drums as well The first few bars of the interlude didnt sound quite right. INterlude 2 sounded better. Perhaps you sould have a solo guitar over the 2 interludes might give it a better sound than the sam riff being played over. The chorus' are good. The bridge was alright and the outro ws okay. seemed a bit abrupt. Perhaps for this song a fade out might work better.

Overall it was a vry nice sog and i quite liked it 7/10 because there a lot you can do to make it better