tell me what u think

PDA

View Full Version : tell me what u think

bakshandloomis
06-11-2007, 02:57 AM
i think this song is pretty good, im still working on some of it (like the parts where its random). i tried to make it unique and stuff like that. not near as good as some of the ones on here i just need some suggestions. thanks.

the prechorus riff is messed up, i cant tab it out how it supposed to be played, so pretty much exclude it.

HeavenlyVirus
06-11-2007, 03:14 AM
boring, but then i gave it heavy distortion, and i liked it more

bakshandloomis
06-11-2007, 03:17 AM
so any suggestions???

HeavenlyVirus
06-11-2007, 04:40 AM
give it heavy distortion?

hendo123456789
06-11-2007, 06:45 AM
The main riff was ok. A bit repetitive another guitar doing harmonies or something would be better. The chorus was lacking something probably a bass line (i as oly listening to the powertab) and it was a bit dull to be fair. Again a solo guitar over the top might work better. I dont think that the rhythm guitar over verse two sounded very good. The lead over chorus two was too repetitive try and give it some variation. The solo was ok but the notes just seemed to be blasted out, try and give it more of a melody and the transition from the solo to verse three seemed pretty awful to be honest. Verse 3 was better with the other guitar. The tapping section was good but the chorus after that just didnt flow. The breakdown again was good in its own right but it just didnt seem to flow that well with the rest of the song.The outro was good as well.

To sum it was alright but it just seemed that you threw loads of different riffs together which is alright but you have to make them flow better. Apart from that you have something there to work with. Keep working on it. :peace:

BTW C4C?????? :angel: See sig

JimmyPage97
06-12-2007, 02:31 AM
I liked Verse Type 1 and Chorus type 1, they alternate, and they are fresh. I didn't like the 3/4 prechorus so much, with the accented tremolos... it seemed almost forced.

I liked the harmony at the bridge. LOVED verse type 2, with the dual acoustic guitars.

I didn't really care for "Zach's solo" seemed fast just for the sake of fast, but i loved the tapping pattern near the end/ in the outro.

Well done, minus a few parts.

8.5/10

^_^d

mattyp90
06-12-2007, 09:26 AM
It's hard to comment on a guitar duet song like this because if it had bass and drums it could be much different. I think you've added a lot into these two guitar parts to make up for the lack of other instruments, to try and keep it more interesting, which has worked, there's always a new piece to listen to in it. However, like someone has said, my only criticism of doing that is how you need to make it flow better or it'll just sound like chopped up stop-start music. Most flowed, some didn't.
The harmonising of the Verse 1 riff could use a little work but was a good idea to get the two guitars playing around each other.
I liked all the acoustic parts and I prefered the low tapping parts to be honest, the outro was good. I didn't get any feeling about the first solo though so you may want to change it, I think slowing it down a little would be better actually.
I don't know if you're in a band or if this is composed for them, but I recommend getting some bass and drums into this to see how it sounds then - you'll get a much clearer picture of what works and what doesn't.
Overall really good song, refine it a little more and it could be even better. :cheers:

rodrigomierh
06-12-2007, 12:45 PM
i liked the intro riff, sounds really cool, but when the other guitar harmonizes(at 6), the second and fourth bar sound off, just the last notes. the chorus is simple but works.
"Zachs" solo needs some work except for the last run-down, it sounded awesome.
The cool tapping section fits the title, I really liked it.
I Didn't find brandon's solo, it was just the chorus' power chords with some extra notes.
for the outro you should keep the tapping but make it a little different to the cool tapping section, go one key above or something, just make it less expectable.

mind critting one of mine? (preferably the new one :D) thanks.

ch715dallat
06-12-2007, 02:48 PM
the harmonised verse had a bit that was done wrong and it makes it sond aweful listen and youll know what i mean. it wasnt anything amazing overall i have to say. i hated the chorus type 2 because th riff just didnt seem to sound right or flow. the solo was good but the clean sections were a bit confusing they just seemed to have been placed randomly. i loved the tapping bit tho. theres still alot of work to be done but it probably sounds better recorded as most things do. mind checking out either song s in my sig?

DarkSonata
06-12-2007, 03:15 PM
hmmm....this sounded like a pretty generic -core song. Some parts i like such as the interlude, the clean verse and the little tapping part. I think some of your harmonies are off a bit...listen to it and figure out which ones are off. Overall it was pretty good.

bakshandloomis
06-12-2007, 04:45 PM
thanks for all the crits so far, i changed it up very slightly, and i added drums and a bass. but keep in mind i do not play drums, so its not going to be that great, thats y i didn't add drums in the first place.

BerryTree
06-12-2007, 06:13 PM
The song is alright, it drags out a bit and some parts are out of tune, the lead parts for one. Its ok and generic so I would change the originality a bit.....also get rid of the drums, too much
cymbals....if you dont know drums, chances are you wont really know how to program them. Its a pretty cool song though dude.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=603580 Heres mine if you wanna crit

FNAFJ
07-14-2007, 07:55 AM
I liked it =]

Would've been better it you gave the top two guitars distortion =]

Only thing is, the riff at tehe beginnning sounds a bit liek unholy confessions... but anything that uses a dropped bass line ( is thats what its called? ) sounds a bit like it =[