We got a gig, but...

PDA

View Full Version : We got a gig, but...

Unforgivable
06-11-2007, 08:50 AM
We got this gig, but there is a problem. It's a gig celebrating gay bars and the gay community. None of the members of this band are gay... Should we do it?

sevenatenine
06-11-2007, 08:57 AM
why not?

Nihil
06-11-2007, 08:58 AM
just stop using your wrist muscles and talk with a lisp and no one will know

gregevans209
06-11-2007, 08:58 AM
if your pro gay and you feel comfortable doing it then give it a shot. if it makes your uncomfortable, even if your pro gay, then politely decline

splinter26
06-11-2007, 09:00 AM
gotta do a cover of gay bar!

fifthhorseman54
06-11-2007, 09:00 AM
YES DO IT YOu FUCK!!!!!

-SpasticInk-
06-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Hahahah thing is the streotypical gay guy has a great sense of humor and is open to many things, so i got a feeling that theyd love it =D

Unforgivable
06-11-2007, 09:05 AM
UPDATE: There are already three bands playing there with a 20 minute slot for us. I don't fancy waiting around in a gay bar until its our turn to play. What do you guys think?

P.S. Anyone up for anal this weekend?

sammcl-15
06-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Play gay bar, it always goes down well.

fifthhorseman54
06-11-2007, 09:08 AM
UPDATE: There are already three bands playing there with a 20 minute slot for us. I don't fancy waiting around in a gay bar until its our turn to play. What do you guys think?

P.S. Anyone up for anal this weekend?

Then just show up when you have to play?

splinter26
06-11-2007, 09:10 AM
gay bars can have lesbians aswell..

MetzBlaze
06-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Play Hammer Smashed Face by Cannibal Corpse. They'll LOVE IT!!

Drmckool
06-11-2007, 11:42 AM
ya man do the gig it shouldn't matter straight or gay

SomeEvilDude
06-11-2007, 12:33 PM
You realise that some of the hottest women go to gay bars, so they can 'just dance'.

Stop being so damn immature and insecure and go play the damn gig. Hang out with the straight guys who'll be there, hit on the women... hell, go talk to the gay guys. You might make some new friends.

3rdActguitarist
06-11-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm with everybody else here. Play the gig and just ignore all the gays. But, if they start to hit on you, get the **** out!

CowboyUp
06-11-2007, 12:43 PM
You are all missing his point. He doesn't want to not because he's a homophobe, but because he doesn't want to be labled as some big gay supporter by everyone he knows (this is a gay rights celebration show right?)

Drmckool
06-11-2007, 12:47 PM
why don't you want to be labeled as a supporter of human dignity, upholding the Un Universal declaration of human rights and a true hero. why don't you want to be seen as someone who breaks down barriers and doesn't judge someone by what gender they are attracted to.

jrthegreat91
06-11-2007, 02:06 PM
yea if you decide not to do it then you might make a few enemies in the gay community

TCkarlos
06-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Play the AIDs song from Team America..

HuckIt
06-11-2007, 02:10 PM
gotta do a cover of gay bar!

I WANNA TAKE YOU TO A GAY BARR!!!!!!! god that songs funny...I've got something to put in you xD

PencilPusher
06-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Man, I wouldn't worry about it. Go there, do your thing and leave. If you have a good time, you could always stay, I guess.

I see where you would be hesitant to go, but it's a gig and it will be a fun experience probably. Gay guys don't just hit on any guy walking down the street(even though you'll be at a gay bar). You're playing music there so they'll at least ask before they try hitting on you. ;)

Haha, but you should definately go. What's the worst that could happen?

lolmnt
06-12-2007, 12:24 AM
Play gay bar, it always goes down well.

i dont know if that was a joke but if it was well done

play the show. it will be fun, and i dont think that all the people there will think your gay,if thats what you're worried about

Archeo Avis
06-12-2007, 12:30 AM
why don't you want to be labeled as a supporter of human dignity, upholding the Un Universal declaration of human rights and a true hero. why don't you want to be seen as someone who breaks down barriers and doesn't judge someone by what gender they are attracted to.

Some of us believe that the gay rights movements has lost sight of anything resembling equal rights or dignity.

No, that can't be it. We're all nazis.

Unforgivable
06-12-2007, 05:00 AM
K guys, doing the gig cause I got a few friends to go.

Only one of em isn't gay...

:)

Drmckool
06-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Some of us believe that the gay rights movements has lost sight of anything resembling equal rights or dignity.

No, that can't be it. We're all nazis.

no your not equivalent to nazis becasue you don't believe in gay rights as long as you don't try and erradicate gay people.

i'm just saying that everyone deserves equal rights if your straight, gay, black, white, asian, east asian, middle easter, latino, everyone

opf
06-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Glad you're going to play the gig. Gay bars really aren't that bad. And if a guy hits on you then at least you'll get a free drink! But, seriously, most people will respect you being there and playing some good music.

Just a thought though. I'm in a band with three straight guys and I'm a lesbian. I want to play shows like this cos it's the sort of scene and music that I really like and feel comfortable in. How do you think I should get them to do it?

fifthhorseman54
06-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Glad you're going to play the gig. Gay bars really aren't that bad. And if a guy hits on you then at least you'll get a free drink! But, seriously, most people will respect you being there and playing some good music.

Just a thought though. I'm in a band with three straight guys and I'm a lesbian. I want to play shows like this cos it's the sort of scene and music that I really like and feel comfortable in. How do you think I should get them to do it?

Tell them that there'll be a lot of hot lesbian chicks making out. You KNOW they won't turn that down.

redstripe
06-14-2007, 06:25 PM
wait outside ti'll its your turn

a gig is a gig, money is money. Take it if you have enough balls to play.