Band problems

PDA

View Full Version : Band problems

Ryanatthebass
06-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Ok, its been a while since i posted here

A good friend of mine kicked me outta his band because I didn't like the drummer he wanted to have in the band. The new drummer is a douchebag and smokes weed (which I don't do cuz it's not my thing) and listens to death metal. The band is an alternative rock band, which most people can see why the drummer wouldn't fit.

The guitarist said it was nothing personal, but I have a feeling it is. I have tried to confront them about it, but since we are all in high school most of them are pussies and don't like confrontation, so that didn't get too far.

Now, I have a feeling in about a week my friend will ask me back in, since they haven't gotten too far without a bassist. What should I do, since I wanna be in the band still, but I don't want the drummer in anymore and I wanna have a bigger say in the development of the band?

RYAN

SpiritOfRadio11
06-11-2007, 01:54 PM
well, if they ask you to come back let them know that you want to have a bigger say and also if the drummer is laying the wrong style then just talk to him and let him know he isnt playing it right

Nihil
06-11-2007, 02:00 PM
i think blastbeats would help alternative rock a lot

jrthegreat91
06-11-2007, 02:03 PM
well no offence you sound like a jerk. Why dont you give the drummer a chance just cuz he does things you dont like and listens to music you dont like you dont want him in. Sounds like a personal problem I think you should get over it and give it a shot. Thats what the music industry is all about... takin chances.

Peace :peace:

Sleepn_Giant
06-11-2007, 04:58 PM
well no offence you sound like a jerk. Why dont you give the drummer a chance just cuz he does things you dont like and listens to music you dont like you dont want him in. Sounds like a personal problem I think you should get over it and give it a shot. Thats what the music industry is all about... takin chances.

Peace :peace:

Yeah really. I'm in 2 bands, a jazz band and a rock/other band (We can't really find a specific genre for it, hehe), but I like to listen to other things besides what I play, like metal or classical or anything like that. But I still enjoy playing in my bands. Just because the person likes different music doesn't mean it wont work, you gotta give it a chance.

Ryanatthebass
06-11-2007, 05:33 PM
its not that I don't like the drummer cuz he likes different music, its just he is a douchebag and not the type of person I would wanna hang out with, let alone have in the band...hes a stoner and does so much stuff illegal, not what I wanna be doing.

I contributed a lot to the band, I just want a bigger say in how everything goes.

litus
06-11-2007, 09:16 PM
u should talk with your friend and tell him what you think but stay un the band dude

gothicneo
06-12-2007, 01:10 PM
The drummer is in and you're out, if you're not in the band you haven't got a say in who stays and who doesn't... :/

its irrelevant
06-12-2007, 01:16 PM
tell ur friend hey, u guys cant go anywhere without a bassist. This drummer u picked is a stoner and a bad person. I'll come back and play bass if u find a different drummer

idk how well that would work--in my school, there are two bassists, so i know if i get kicked out its gonna b one hell of a tiem for them to find another--however, if theres a lot of ppl who can replace u then u might not wanna say taht

bassplayerric
06-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of playing in bands my man! :D

I wouldn't push the issue too far with these guys. If they're willing to dump an existing member for a dope-smoking, illegality committing new guy :D , who really needs 'em?

Especially if they don't even take your concerns into consideration.

You are a valuble commodity -- a guy who plays bass. Guitar players are a dime a dozen. Pure bass players are rare.

What I would do is practice, practice, practice. Get your name out there, hang out at the local music store, meet people.

Who knows, maybe these dudes will see the light eventually. If they ask you back, just ask the drummer to get his buzz on somewhere you ain't.

Good luck.