[GP5.2/GP4/MIDI] The Devouring of Cities [Doom Metal/Post-Metal]

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5.2/GP4/MIDI] The Devouring of Cities [Doom Metal/Post-Metal]

SGxMastodonxSG
06-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Well, I've been listening to a bunch of Pelican, Red Sparowes, and Russian Circles so I decided to give it a go at this atmospheric metal type ****. I don't really have much experience in this, but yeah.
I tried to tell a story with the song and I hope that came out, I feel like I succeeded in that. It's an instrumental so I'm trying to get my point/message across with the music. Of course, music isn't supposed to have a point I guess, but whatever.
Uhm yeah, that's it. Drop B, mhm.

edit: forgot to say that it sounds best in MIDI rather than with RSE. So yeah.

cameronmann900
06-12-2007, 09:20 AM
hey dude,
that sounds really good. love that kinda music man.
pelican, red sparrowes, isis, cult of luna. a range of bands.
it actually sounds pretty good with RSE on, most post-metal songs do, because the RSE guitar sounds are raw and have a light distortion to them.
also btw, if you like this kinda music please check out my band at www.myspace.com/axiomofelan and please add us as a friend/add some comments.
would be really appreciated.
although our music is really an aquired taste. anyways, let us know.

but otherwise, keep it up man, great composition. :)

ch715dallat
06-12-2007, 02:53 PM
that was great. the start was nice and heavy then it just contrasts nicely with the smog section. The rampage part was cool too, very epic, the bass part was a nice part with the lead over the top.

Extinction - now thats more like it :headbang: great riff there, its a great song but it definitely need vocals to stop it getting monotonous. ;)

:cheers: mind checking out mine in my sig?

ctb
06-12-2007, 03:09 PM
I really liked the flow of it, it was nice and heavy aswell. ;)

bradman2k6
06-15-2007, 12:23 PM
This is pretty epic, yo. I liked it. Pretty interesting stuff. That last riff was hot. I agree with dude up there though, vocal would make this thing beastly.

Thefallofman
06-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Maybe with the vocals the repetition won't be as noticeable, but as of now, it seems like a lot of great riffs being dragged on for too long with not enough little changes to make it not boring. It can easily become a great song, but right now it seems like a blue print. Put some changes in the riffs every once in a while so it's not the same thing 20+ times and this could be awesome.

Of_Wolves
06-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Sounds pretty decent mate, I think though that repetition goes with the style. I mean if you can repeat and build upon the ideas through out to big ole cresendo and such then its all good.

With some form of vocals this would be pretty good. I always imagine Twin Zero style vocals with this sort of music but I dunno why lol. I can't really see any music theory type problems with this, so yeah.

Nice one mate. :)

Heres one of mine, if you return crits and such:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608324