Metal/Core [GP, Midi]

PDA

View Full Version : Metal/Core [GP, Midi]

ch715dallat
06-13-2007, 11:32 AM
hey heres a start of a song ive done no drums or bass just guitars. i dunno what else to do for it, i want to add some backing chords to some of the riffs but they dont seem to fit but w/e

check it out and tell me what you think ;)

:cheers:

also bear in mind it sounds alot heavier and fuller on guitar ;) especially that triplets riff when i layer it.

Id like some ideas on the arrangement of it because im not sure ive put the riffs in the best places :( and there will be more variations of each riff so it will be less repetitive ;)

Edited: now has drums, riff variations and a little change in the solo.

Recording here (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=606777)

matty o buckles
06-13-2007, 11:55 AM
it sounds good, there are a few parts i would have done differently but your riff5 is wicked kick ass and so is the solo...good work

ch715dallat
06-13-2007, 12:18 PM
tell me what you would have done differently maybe i can make this better ;)

Demons&Wizards
06-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Should sound good with drums, the intro was kinda a newer metal sound (i'm stuck some where in the 80s) but the outro was cool, loved that bit. Good stuff keep it up.

ch715dallat
06-13-2007, 12:59 PM
thanks man. i think i listened to your thing you got any others?

NovemberRain273
06-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Some pretty sick stuff dude, my favorite parts were Riff 4, the solo, and the phenomenal harmonizing outro. I would love to hear this with drums and bass. One thing i would change though is some repetitions, like the first riff, which are too long. Great job though. :cheers:

ch715dallat
06-13-2007, 06:20 PM
It now has some drums in it so check it out ;)

also i threw in a file with some riffs i was playing about with there now. worth building on?

DarkSonata
06-13-2007, 08:57 PM
I like the beginning riff. I like the part that starts around 1:10...i think its the chorus maybe. I like how the drums kinda keep the rhythm but they also act as their own instrument sometimes...continuous double bass is pretty annoying, glad to see you didn't go with that. The solo was pretty good...some parts i like the melody to others were just alright...i do like the riff that comes right after the solo a lot. the second little harmony part is pretty good. I think this would sound good recorded and with some vocals. Good job.

I saw you liked the one of mine you critted. If you would crit this, its is basically the changed/finished product of the first one you critted. Ill crit another of yours if you leave the link. Heres the link to mine: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604732

ch715dallat
06-13-2007, 09:39 PM
thanks man i'll get to yours now, i just updated this one with a change in a few of the riffs still probably change them more but w/e :haha

i have another one somewhere here that i dunno whether to record or not, ill get the link now. and ill get to your song now ;)

Nirvana-Man
06-13-2007, 10:27 PM
hey, cool song so far. Man, everything sounds really stupid not on a real guitar!!
There was a really cool solo, where the two guitars played the same thing that was really awesome. I wish i could say more, but it all sounds so cheesy with the MIDI files. OH YEA! Reminds of pokemon on the Gameboy!! I'm sure it will sound better actually recorded though.

ch715dallat
06-13-2007, 10:29 PM
:haha yeah man ill be recording it tomorrow hopefully if i get time ;)

zakatak9389
06-14-2007, 01:22 AM
Man bro, you have really improved in your song writing since I first started listening to your stuff. You've gotten a lot better w/ the drums. The thing i would suggest for riffs 1+2 is that you shouldn't repeat them so much. Riff 3 sounds nice w/ the harmonization. maybe throw in some 16th notes there just for a variance in rhythm. Oh yeah, the trips part sounded pretty nice. Riff 4 sounds great also, but try to vary the rhythm here also.

The solo sounds pretty good, but try to be more creative w/ some of your licks. like try not to just run up and down the scales when you throw in a fast run. maybe do some arpeggios, slides or cool bends. In bar 65 of the solo I would suggest going up higher on the neck for a climax buildup type effect. The rest of the solo should just build up from that one lick I mentioned, and just finally release a really high bend for the end.

For riff 5 try not to repeat the same thing twice. Try harmonizing the riff the second time around, just so a listener wouldn't get bored.

Outro = FREAKING AMAZING! I can't think of any way you could improve on that part. It sounds ACE!

overall, this is a great song, but more variation should be added. Still one of your best songs though bro. 8.5/10

ctb
06-14-2007, 06:35 AM
That was really cool, the harmonizing was great. I think the solo could be a bit more exciting. :D

ch715dallat
06-14-2007, 01:14 PM
****, i just recorded the thing today, but i suppose i could go back and add some more harmonizing ;)

thanks for your crit Zak you always put good detail into yours ;) anyones youve got that i could look at? and thanks ctb too glad you liked it ;)

zakatak9389
06-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Nah, I'm trying to finish up another melodic metal song right now. I should have it posted in a few days at the most. But yeah, keep writing kickass songs man, you're stuff is always improving :peace:

ch715dallat
06-14-2007, 01:36 PM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=606777

the recording is now here ;)

i look forward to your next song man, its always good stuff :headbang:

-Sidewinder-
06-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Intro is alright, the only thing that bugged me was the drums in Riff 2...needs some cymbals, i dunno...but somethins missin there.
Solo was great...wasn't too intense like a buncha songs i see on here, it was just right. Some harmonizing in the 2nd part would sound pretty cool too.
Outro sounded awesome, I can picture some awesome vocals goin with that
Good job man 8/10