Metal (Death/Thrash?) [Midi, GP]

PDA

View Full Version : Metal (Death/Thrash?) [Midi, GP]

ch715dallat
06-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Hey i posted this a while ago and i still havent done the drums :haha but ive put some sort of a solo in to fill the gap its probably goin to have alot changed but the riffs are done and dusted and im happy with them, bear in mind they sound alot heavier on guitar so ;)

so tell me what you think and if you wanna have a stab at changing the solo up a bit be my guest although i can play sweeps any faster than the ones in it cleanly at that tempo ;)

:cheers:

also i dunno what genre it would be but meh.

Demons&Wizards
06-13-2007, 12:47 PM
hey thanks for the crit.
This reminded me of immortal, very cool intro.
The solo was ok, i think i'd speed it up a little, plus add a bit more to the sweeps they are good just needed to be a little longer, kinda build up the end of the solo.

ch715dallat
06-13-2007, 01:01 PM
yeah i know man i was just really stuck for a solo, i just had a block. i'll probably end up rewriting it. i usually end up with a good solo after a few tries ;) and on the speed i thinks thats about as fast as i ca go :eek: ive only been playing just over a year now.

Elthran
06-13-2007, 03:20 PM
I loved Riff 2, especially the trill in it. Congratulations on avoiding using muted open strings all the time and varying the bass note, it really grinds my gears when i hear that on many songs nowdays. Honestly, the solo felt a bit disjointed to me, not really locking well with the rhythm guitar. I generally liked the chord progressions you used, not just sticking with I IV V. I did feel though, that the riffs, although good, were all a bit too similar, leading the song to sound slightly repetetive. Overall though, a good song that I enjoyed

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602615 C4C?

ch715dallat
06-13-2007, 04:21 PM
thanks i know the solo is a bit guff :haha but i had to get somethin in there to work on ;) also dont use the stndard progressions cos i never bothered learning all that I IV stuff so it doesnt hold me back ;)

ch715dallat
06-13-2007, 10:17 PM
someone please wite a basic solo layout for this :( i just cant write a decent one for this for some reason :( solo block :( arggghhghghghg or atleast tell me what i should have in it because everything ive tried for it sucks as you can see :haha

Nirvana-Man
06-13-2007, 10:31 PM
sorry, can't write a solo, your a better guitar player than i am!! Nice riffin, those trills were awesome inthe verses (verses, chorus?) The solo is sweet i think, why do you need to change it?? Man, if you can sweep that good in real life, more power to you!!
Overall nice, you were worried about the solo, but i say keep it!

ch715dallat
06-13-2007, 10:34 PM
nah it needs fixed up for sure, it doesnt flow well or add to the song, its just there with random licks :( i like it to fit and flow nicely with the song like my other solos.

BerryTree
06-13-2007, 11:40 PM
I love this tab, but yea the solo doesn't flow at all. Hell, why do you NEED a solo, I mean its not a rule that you must write one for every song ya know, it will prolly be good without it man. Good job on the drums too, very different variations.

Can you crit mine by the way. http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=603580