Metalcore-ish Song [GP5]

PDA

View Full Version : Metalcore-ish Song [GP5]

Shredder XXX
06-15-2007, 11:19 AM
This is the first whole song i've written on GP5, so any crits would be much appreciated,

C4C even
:D

Four Symbols
06-15-2007, 11:23 AM
It won't open for me, and I have Guitar Pro 5.

Shredder XXX
06-15-2007, 11:28 AM
my bad,

try it now, i have GP5.2, but i've got it in GP4 format for ya

Green_Jelly
06-15-2007, 11:30 AM
I have Guitar Pro 5.0 and both won't open.

EDIT: After extracting it does work.

EDIT 1.2: Sounds great, except I would change the "Verse Riff Harmony". You use every note's dominant for the harmony, but that sounds just like powerchords. Try to use thirds for the harmony. Good luck. :)

Four Symbols
06-15-2007, 12:00 PM
Sounds pretty good. Building on what green jelly said, it might be a good idea to try a different harmonization, but it still sounds good how you have it.

mimminito
06-15-2007, 12:12 PM
nice mate, sounds good, mite have to learn it, see wat its like

bradman2k6
06-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Sounds pretty good, man. I agree with the two guys up there, harmonizing in thirds would sound better, in my opinion, unless that sound was what you were going for. I like the little chorus lead, it's pretty nifty.

ch715dallat
06-15-2007, 12:40 PM
it was pretty good but you clearly dont know how to harmonise, you dont just go 2 frets up on the next string you know :rolleyes:

screamsoftly
06-15-2007, 08:34 PM
That's sounds pretty nice.

I don't like the first breakdown. It isn't bad I just think it sounds kind of bland.

And the lead parts from 45-52 remind me a lot of a song I can't put my finger on. Overall though, I like it. It isn't easy to work with three guitars (for me at least) so I respect you for that.

Of_Wolves
06-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Posting as I listening so first impressions then I guess lol

I'm enjoying your use of triplets and such. Its all sounds pretty good from here, trying out some other forms of harmony would be pretty cool. The chorus though bugs me slightly, I dunno its probably just the lack of a driving drum track or the fact that the lead comes in like a bar after the held chords. Its an interesting contrast to the rest of the piece, and I think it would probably grow on me as I listen more.

Pretty good effort for the whole metalcore genre though (Not trying to bash metalcore mind heh :p:)

So yeah you may wanna make some edits and add some drums or something, its your piece and honestly I think the way it is now is pretty damn good. No real reason to go editting IMO.

Heres a link to one of mine mate!
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608324

ouchies
06-17-2007, 01:53 AM
it was pretty good but you clearly dont know how to harmonise, you dont just go 2 frets up on the next string you know :rolleyes:

uh actually thats called harmonizing in perfect 5ths...

Fmc
06-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Sounds really cool :)

buckethead_jr
06-17-2007, 12:58 PM
uh actually thats called harmonizing in perfect 5ths...
uh, not always :rolleyes:
Sometimes a perfect 5th is 3 frets along on the next string.

Gibson06
06-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Learn some scales, Bar and power chords can be written by anyone.

ouchies
06-17-2007, 03:39 PM
uh, not always :rolleyes:
Sometimes a perfect 5th is 3 frets along on the next string.

right, it depends on the strings i guess. i was just trying to defend the thread starter from an arrogant and stupid comment such as that. He could have said something like, "try using diatonic intervals to harmonize", or something like that instead of being an ass.

hzac
07-01-2007, 05:31 AM
lol leighton you cant harmonize for ****... ill teach you one day.

Some of it reminded me of shadows fall...

My fave would have to be the outro.. the lead was coolish

crit mine or ima bash you at work

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614140

ch715dallat
07-01-2007, 01:53 PM
right, it depends on the strings i guess. i was just trying to defend the thread starter from an arrogant and stupid comment such as that. He could have said something like, "try using diatonic intervals to harmonize", or something like that instead of being an ass.

actually i wasnt being an ass, (well not intentionally) as i clearly stated i liked the song, but he was harmonising wrong. as if your harmonising in fifths its pretty pointless you may as well just play powerchords. :rolleyes:.

also i dont understand how you came to the conclusion that i am arrogant and stupid :confused: i am neither so, id rather youd keep your judgements of me to yourself as you can hardly tell what im like as a person from one comment on a forum :rolleyes:

ouchies
07-01-2007, 03:33 PM
actually i wasnt being an ass, (well not intentionally) as i clearly stated i liked the song, but he was harmonising wrong. as if your harmonising in fifths its pretty pointless you may as well just play powerchords. :rolleyes:.

also i dont understand how you came to the conclusion that i am arrogant and stupid :confused: i am neither so, id rather youd keep your judgements of me to yourself as you can hardly tell what im like as a person from one comment on a forum :rolleyes:

playing powerchords will include the same notes but it might not be the desired effect of the composer. i dont understand how harmonizing in 5ths is stupid, now THAT is a very arrogant and stupid statement. Even though the perfect 5th is the weakest chord tone, Shredder XXX wanted to use it for whatever reason. Not all harmonizing has to be in 3rds you know, you said you were listening to Necrophagist a lot. Look at their harmonizng, its all over the place, it doesnt always have to be melodic.

i never said you were arrogant or stupid or even an ass. i said you were just being an ass, theres no point in using the roll eyes emoticon so much it makes it seem like you're attacking the person.

ch715dallat
07-01-2007, 03:49 PM
playing powerchords will include the same notes but it might not be the desired effect of the composer. i dont understand how harmonizing in 5ths is stupid, now THAT is a very arrogant and stupid statement. Even though the perfect 5th is the weakest chord tone, Shredder XXX wanted to use it for whatever reason. Not all harmonizing has to be in 3rds you know, you said you were listening to Necrophagist a lot. Look at their harmonizng, its all over the place, it doesnt always have to be melodic.

i never said you were arrogant or stupid or even an ass. i said you were just being an ass, theres no point in using the roll eyes emoticon so much it makes it seem like you're attacking the person.

1. i never said it was stupid, dont put words in my mouth

2. look up the meaning of the word arrogant, nothing what i have said or even you have said that i said qualifies as being arrogant :confused:

3. i never said all harmonising has to be in 3rds, i know necrophagists harmonising is all over the place but its a completely different style of music. this is metalcore which is generally thirds.

4. i dont know how i have been an ass, i already said about my inappropriate use of that emoticon in that instance. so please stop judging me :rolleyes:

kylendm
07-01-2007, 05:57 PM
It was pretty nice sounded pretty heavy. maybe if all three guitars didn't play the same thing in the beginning it would be cooler but yea try to get the harmonies right.