how would u feel....

PDA

View Full Version : how would u feel....

bigballin
06-16-2007, 05:33 PM
if you were in a band with a bunch of close friends for over a year and the guitarist decides he is bored of the band and starts a new one but still plays in yours? Would want to kick him out, or would it not bother u? The reason for the new band would be because he wanted to play a different style of music.

nicodimus
06-16-2007, 05:40 PM
as long as it doesn't stop him coming to the band practices, i don't see a problem with it. tons of musicians out there are in several bands for that reason

rhcpfan27
it might bother me a little bit but i wouldn't kick him out of the band or anything

fee-oh-nix
Nothing wrong with that. Trying to control someone else is the quickest way to f*ck everything up. He's gonna do what he's gonna do anyway - let him get that stuff out at the other band so it doesn't start affecting yours.

okinky
06-16-2007, 05:41 PM
the whole band mentality is overrated. you should all try to jam with as many people as possible, dont loophole yourself into a single style. your friend has the right idea and you shouldnt kick him out haha

Zoso68
06-16-2007, 05:42 PM
actually im about to do the exact same thing rite now with my band...i wouldnt sweat it

Alex The Red
06-16-2007, 05:45 PM
It's acceptable as long as he doesn't skip practice.

You guys are close friends right? Close friends don't typically ditch close friends.

It does get boring after a while with just 1 genre. Especially when most musicians can only play 1 genre well.

bigballin
06-16-2007, 09:33 PM
lol oops i said it like it was someone else its actually me thats thinkin about doing that

how do u go about finding capable new bandmates?

hurlyz
06-16-2007, 09:41 PM
The reason for the new band would be because he wanted to play a different style of music.That's a good reason... if he wants to play both kinda of music, it's understandable! :)

mr kipling
06-17-2007, 06:31 AM
I wouldn't mind.

mr moustache
06-18-2007, 10:12 PM
yeh..its fine. i mean your gonna get bored of just metal. or just blues or just funk after a while. let him do what he wants.

TontoGoneCrazy
06-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Yeah, as long as he still loves both bands equally, as soon as one becomes more of a priority then you have a problem. Unless one is getting much bigger and another, which he might leave anyway, which is okay because the other isn't going anywhere.

fee-oh-nix
06-19-2007, 03:26 PM
yeh..its fine. i mean your gonna get bored of just metal. or just blues or just funk after a while. let him do what he wants.
Amen to that. I'm sick of speed metal. After a couple years of speed/thrash, it's boring as all hell to play.

z4twenny
06-19-2007, 03:45 PM
^ lol, i've been playing metal of every genre for about 12 years now, maybe your passion lies elsewhere? but to the threadstarter:

don't kick him out, a real musician will want to explore different musical avenues. if he still wants to play in your band, let him, accept that he wants to do different types of music and embrace that. it's the reason i just about refuse to join a band, everybody wants to just do 1 kind of music and i'd rather do whatever feels natural and sounds good that i enjoy.