My Metal song... [GP5, MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : My Metal song... [GP5, MIDI]

sam b
06-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Hey, this is my latest attempt at a song, and seeing as i've never posted one i thought i'd post this one.

As for the genre, i haven't really got a clue :confused: i know its metal... but with all the different subgenres i dont know. So you can decide :D.

Please let me know if you think it's good, bad, terrible etc...

It probably needs a solo, but i'm not good enough to make a decent solo for it.

Sam

EDIT: the GP file sounds better, so listen to that if you can... ;)

metal-haze
06-17-2007, 11:34 AM
dude no affence its horrible it sounds like a bunch of retarded chickens clucking sorry man its no good

dsaanm
06-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Its a very good song (at least I enjoyed it) but I would have included a chorus just before the end, I don't know what you think about that , it's just my idea.

My favourite parts where the main riff and the chorus , especially the chorus.

P.S I would call the song simply a Metal song :peace:

and another thing the gp5 file sounded much better

buckethead_jr
06-17-2007, 11:45 AM
dude no affence its horrible it sounds like a bunch of retarded chickens clucking sorry man its no good
What a douche. :rolleyes:

I'll reserve this post for later critting if you don't mind ;)

Sculptor
06-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Its pretty good really. Id ignore metal-haze as hes obviously an idiot.

Id maybe add a little more harmony to some things.. and maybe a lead riff over the intro. Also i suggest turning up the guitars it sounds much better if their as loud as the drums/bass.

sam b
06-17-2007, 11:48 AM
What a douche. :rolleyes:

I'll reserve this post for later critting if you don't mind ;)
lol, i know.... i read it and was like... :eek: it's not THAT bad :/

and yeah, no probs :)

also, dsaanm, thanks for the crit :D :cheers:

Its pretty good really. Id ignore metal-haze as hes obviously an idiot.

Id maybe add a little more harmony to some things.. and maybe a lead riff over the intro. Also i suggest turning up the guitars it sounds much better if their as loud as the drums/bass.
thanks, i'll take that on board and see what i can do :p:

SBLAKELEY
06-17-2007, 11:55 AM
i like it, reminds me of cannibal corpse or something

the verse is good

dont listen to that guy that said it was crap, he has no idea what he is saying

;)

dsaanm
06-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Anytime pal , I think metal-haze loves techno or somthing like that i don't know.

Buckethead your melodic metal concerto was also good but I couldn't hear the wintersun-like metal properly(I think its somthing with my gp5 I think I need to re-install it).

you both have great creativity, keep working on it (man I wish I was that creative)

Fmc
06-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Main riff is pretty cool :)

bakshandloomis
06-18-2007, 07:48 PM
i like it, i would try to cut back on all the power chords though. i like bride 1 and 2, but i dont think they flow well together. other than that i liked it.

ouchies
06-18-2007, 07:56 PM
The intro was a little slow, I think making the drums a little busie in the intro will amke it much better. The main riff and the verse are solid i like them a lot. If you want you can try harmonizing for some variety. I liked the chorus too. Verse 2 was pretty cool but I would harmonize the guitars.

I liked it a lot, maybe try throwing in a solo somewhere if you can? I think that would also make the song much better

guitarspoon
08-18-2007, 08:30 AM
dude thats feckin sweet! although a kind of instrumental / solo-ey part would be cool