My second Thrash/Death Metal Song [midi, GP5]

PDA

View Full Version : My second Thrash/Death Metal Song [midi, GP5]

Pingis_Or_Death
06-17-2007, 08:30 PM
This is my second Thrash/Death Metal song, tell me what you think! The solo is bad, but I'll improve it and make it longer eventually, it's supposed to sound off, like a slayer type solo:)

Nihil
06-17-2007, 08:46 PM
nice, i like the main riff especially

Demolisha
06-17-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm sorry but I didn't like it. It was too muddy sounding, and I couldn't understand the guitar. Maybe try changing the guitar distortion to a different setting.

kylendm
06-17-2007, 11:22 PM
i loled at the solo and its ok...5/10

Pingis_Or_Death
06-18-2007, 06:19 AM
I'm sorry but I didn't like it. It was too muddy sounding, and I couldn't understand the guitar. Maybe try changing the guitar distortion to a different setting.
You can't do it yourself :confused:

leo_p8
06-18-2007, 07:30 AM
I really enjoyed the riff that begins on bar 23.

That solo is... interesting... but I guess that if you just jerk the bar up and down that's sort of, kind, of like what you would maybe sound like.

The riffs were fine with me, nothing specially grand, or catchy, but I suspect lyrics would cover that pretty easily. My problem is the drums... they need to mark the time and accent the beats in the song... yours just sounds like a metronome smacking the snare every single beat. No, no, no.

Re-do the drums and this'll be quite good.

Pingis_Or_Death
06-18-2007, 08:28 AM
I really enjoyed the riff that begins on bar 23.

That solo is... interesting... but I guess that if you just jerk the bar up and down that's sort of, kind, of like what you would maybe sound like.

The riffs were fine with me, nothing specially grand, or catchy, but I suspect lyrics would cover that pretty easily. My problem is the drums... they need to mark the time and accent the beats in the song... yours just sounds like a metronome smacking the snare every single beat. No, no, no.

Re-do the drums and this'll be quite good.
The drums were the thing that I put the least effort in...I kind of regret that now. Im not a drummer, so coming up with drum patterns is a bit hard for me. I'll try to redo them and make 'em a bit more interesting and not as monotone.

Rapid_Fire
06-22-2007, 05:58 PM
thanks for critting mine dude, i jsut listened to your song, it sounds pretty cool. i wana hear what it sounds like on guitar. the solo was cool haha, it sounded prettycrazy :peace:

ClosedCasket
06-22-2007, 06:17 PM
That was ok, the riffs were slightly plain, but ok. Too many repeats tho

The solo sucked bad. Sorry man, but it was a random jumble of notes with a lot of twitchy bar work. Sorry =(

Crit mine?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=612188

NovemberRain273
06-23-2007, 11:31 AM
It was two random tbh. It sounded like a bunch of riffs thrown together, and repeated way too much. No real structure to it. I didnt like the riffs much, too chaotic for me. The solo....ugh. Same as the rest of the song, way too random, just a bunch of notes, no phrasing to it.

You have to work on your phrasing and structuring man, seriously. Sorry :/

Pingis_Or_Death
06-24-2007, 07:02 AM
It was two random tbh. It sounded like a bunch of riffs thrown together, and repeated way too much. No real structure to it. I didnt like the riffs much, too chaotic for me. The solo....ugh. Same as the rest of the song, way too random, just a bunch of notes, no phrasing to it.

You have to work on your phrasing and structuring man, seriously. Sorry :/

Then you should see my first song :D Now that is just some random riffs thrown together...And yes, as I already have stated, the solo sucks, and I will change it. I just put it there because I felt it needed one, and I didn't have much time.