Eerie song (GP5)

PDA

View Full Version : Eerie song (GP5)

michal23
06-18-2007, 12:36 PM
I really like it - it's very weird, eerie. No doubt I need to improve it, any suggestions/tips welcome! =]

(If you have RSE, turn it on =])

Edit: GP4 + midi added

kylendm
06-18-2007, 01:42 PM
GP4 please

michal23
06-18-2007, 02:38 PM
bump...?

ElBarto2811
06-18-2007, 02:48 PM
It starts out really cool, kinda goth. The intro parts 1 to 3 are excellent, with the bells and all, really creepy. I did change the guitar from distortion to overdriven though, makes it less muddy.

The piano needs a bit of work though, I think in the verse it sometimes does make some random leaps (like bars 27, 28: from E down to G back to F#, try some passing notes there). From the interval on the piano is just anoying, way to repetitive. Made me mute that track after a while.

I think if you work on this some more it could be somthing really nice and original, keep it up!

michal23
06-18-2007, 02:53 PM
It starts out really cool, kinda goth. The intro parts 1 to 3 are excellent, with the bells and all, really creepy. I did change the guitar from distortion to overdriven though, makes it less muddy.

The piano needs a bit of work though, I think in the verse it sometimes does make some random leaps (like bars 27, 28: from E down to G back to F#, try some passing notes there). From the interval on the piano is just anoying, way to repetitive. Made me mute that track after a while.

I think if you work on this some more it could be somthing really nice and original, keep it up!

thankyou very much, I'll bear that in mind! What I was thinking to do is scrap the first interval and replace it with some sort of chorus, but keep the second interval and the solo.

Metallica708
06-18-2007, 03:17 PM
It's pretty good, I quite liked it. Very atmospheric. However, I didn't like how the acoustic pretty much repeated throughout the whole thing. But other than that, I really liked it.

DarkTom666
06-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Nice atmosphere there :) Loved the bells! Work on the piano part though >.> because it sometimes jumps between notes if you know what I mean... The interval needs some work too, repetitive as hell, got bored fast there... Despite those comments, it was a great song ;) Loved it! Good job and cheers for the crit!

michal23
06-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Nice atmosphere there :) Loved the bells! Work on the piano part though >.> because it sometimes jumps between notes if you know what I mean... The interval needs some work too, repetitive as hell, got bored fast there... Despite those comments, it was a great song ;) Loved it! Good job and cheers for the crit!

lol you're the second person to mention work on the interval. I've decided to scrap the first interval completely, and relace it with some sort of totally different bridge (I'm specifically avoiding a chorus =P).

I'm gonna replace the second interval with the first, but add more guitar. I'm also gonna make a better ending.

I really need your opinions, so keep them coming and thanx very much for the crits!!! :peace:

gonzaw
06-18-2007, 04:36 PM
I like the intro part......specially with the bells........
The bass sounds earie too, I liked it a lot...... the piano was nice however.
The disto guitar didn't sound too good in that part.....except in the verse where it flows nicely. THe main guitar gets kind of repetitive.....and the disto too.
I really liked the interval too....the piano was nice and the clean guitar too, but I think you should make it longer.....and the transition to the disto part wasn't that great neither...
I gets repetitive in the verses....and the interval too...maybe add additions to the piano part?
I loved the solo....very earie...although some of the slides sound kind of weird (but good weirdness :) however I didn't like 97 and onwards....sounds way too weird...maybe change that...
Maybe you could change that last chord to give it a more creppy feel to it....cause it doesn't sound too good...

Anyway...great song :)

sam b
06-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Hey, i LOVEEE the first verse, everything fits together so well.
Unlike with the people who did the other comments, i found the bells kinda annoying, i ended up muting them.
At the interval, i like the piano, but its abit too repetative (as it goes on doing the same thing for the rest of the song)

But overall i like it :D
I'd say 4.5/5

Fettot
06-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Really good intro :), but the bell thingy sounds kinda wierd to me. great work with the piano!

Rest of the song is also good...

The only thing i can think of is making it slightly longer, and maybe turn down the volume on the bell. I liked listening to your song :) it has a very melodic and "progressive" sound.

michal23
06-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanx guys, I've been improving on the piece lately, i scrapped the first interval and left it with just the clean electric doing a basic tune with the bass hitting the bass notes (surprise, surprise =P). I have also been justing tweaking with the EQ etc. and adding in effects, so basically just adding final touches. All ideas have been greatly appreciated, and all other opinions still greatly welcome!

arcains_valor
06-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Not bad. Like a few of the others said, it was a bit repetative, and the bells did get kind of annoying, but I think this would work pretty well for either and intro, outro, or an interlude in a CD. Also, work on the name. lol

8/10

Albarranator
06-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Maybe with more guitar work it would sound better. But I like it thought.... Keep working, and please crit my songs. Thanks

noahray
06-21-2007, 03:08 PM
glad to see that s0ad- esque riff played its way in there

insideac
06-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Are you the dude that me and others helped in that thread you made about how to make scary music? It came out great!

SGxMastodonxSG
06-21-2007, 08:11 PM
I loved it, definitely an eerie feel. And I loved the intervals, probably my favorite part. I dunno, kind of reminded me of carnival music, which I have been trying to pull off. :P
Not much I would change, very awesome.

michal23
06-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Are you the dude that me and others helped in that thread you made about how to make scary music? It came out great!

That's me! And i'm glad to hear it. Only thing is, I don't know whether to add lyrics or not.... =/