Emo is the new hair metal

PDA

View Full Version : Emo is the new hair metal

Lazybum34
06-18-2007, 11:14 PM
It is. Everyone is copying off each other just like the hair metal years.

Teh1337Hax0rz
06-18-2007, 11:16 PM
No it isn't, they're completely different.

memcliffburton
06-18-2007, 11:17 PM
dude forget all this,emo is no where close 2 hair metal
emo is not even in the same lig,without hair metal none of these new bands wood of came out,stop with this its annoying n degrading,ur degrading all the heros out their u love

Shredder Guitar
06-18-2007, 11:19 PM
yeah dude. emo is like hair metal. without the good music. or the spandex.

munit
06-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Please stop posting this, it is just annoying to read.

P.S. Hair Metal was much more talented than emo will ever be.

lagunasunrise
06-18-2007, 11:20 PM
its like it in the "appeals to the girls" sense. thats it tho.

crash_course
06-18-2007, 11:21 PM
This arguement was original so long ago.
God you guys are slower than the media.

Lazybum34
06-18-2007, 11:22 PM
u moron, its not degrading any of my heros in the rock community. Its just showing that the scene is now just copying each other, just like in the hair metal years. And i dont find it degrading any of the bands that i like because they either started or helped begin the eras. im really thinking about this right now and i cant think of any band that i listen to that has JUST been a follower. And what do u care? u have a METALLICA icon. Metallica doesnt even follow under the hair metal thing. I also just posted this to just see what peoples opinions were on the subject

tai1221
06-18-2007, 11:24 PM
No it isn't, they're completely different.
I dont think he means the music is alike,but how tready it is.

soul_power
06-18-2007, 11:26 PM
u moron, its not degrading any of my heros in the rock community. Its just showing that the scene is now just copying each other, just like in the hair metal years. And i dont find it degrading any of the bands that i like because they either started or helped begin the eras. im really thinking about this right now and i cant think of any band that i listen to that has JUST been a follower. And what do u care? u have a METALLICA icon. Metallica doesnt even follow under the hair metal thing. I also just posted this to just see what peoples opinions were on the subject
So just because he has a Metallica icon he hasnt heard hair metal :rolleyes:
In the sense that its a huge trend followed by people who like to be "in" and listen to the radio then yes but they dont sound alike.

Teh1337Hax0rz
06-18-2007, 11:26 PM
you mean trendy, and i wasn't talking about the music, according to lagunasunrise you could say that grindcore is similar to classical because it typically appealed to men.