I need help with this gig. (info inside)

PDA

View Full Version : I need help with this gig. (info inside)

floyd matt
06-20-2007, 11:42 AM
my band is playing a charity Event for a bill that they are trying to get passed so all states have a monitoring system for medicane.

my band is playing 30 mins. (thats not set up and tear down. thats playing)

how many songs do you think we should have. and what should we do in between songs.

XAkitAX
06-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Keep the audience entertained? hmm.. dont know what to say for charity event lol

I_Pwn
06-20-2007, 11:48 AM
How long are your songs on average? Knowing that would help a lot. My punk band can do about 12 in a 30 minute set, but I know many bands couldn't pull that off. In between songs you can do things like introduce the members, the name of the next song etc.

adambc
06-20-2007, 11:50 AM
maybe 5 or 6? you dont want to waste a lot of time talking in between songs, but you dont want to just play song after song either, a little introduction always helps.

just look at a clock before you start practicing the initial set list. look at it after. has it been 30 minutes? then drop or add songs as necessary.

floyd matt
06-20-2007, 11:51 AM
okay. well song average is going to be 3 mins and 30 secs i would think.
i thought to myself-
between songs introduce everyone.
say the song name
and say thank you for being here.

i was thinking maybe me,the drummer and bass player should have a solo but i do not think it is right for that in charity event. what you think?

bostons leppard
06-20-2007, 11:52 AM
yeah just introduce the songs and the members and play like 6 songs maybe but dont spend alot of time between songs

ealingbee
06-20-2007, 11:54 AM
just go and play ur songs, and introduce urself. as its a charity event i guess ur part of the whole attraction (theres other stuff for ppl to do... not just the music). so i wudnt bother with solos and stuff..ppl probs arent interested. introduce urselves, be polite, play ur songs, and make a show of it!

floyd matt
06-20-2007, 11:55 AM
okay. so what you think we should do?
like here is what i thought-

Come out and thank everyone for being here and then play the first song.
then say that was bla bla bla. then say this is one off are demo its called bla bla bla.
then say our demo will be out is out and this song is not on it its called.

and so on..

floyd matt
06-20-2007, 11:57 AM
just go and play ur songs, and introduce urself. as its a charity event i guess ur part of the whole attraction (theres other stuff for ppl to do... not just the music). so i wudnt bother with solos and stuff..ppl probs arent interested. introduce urselves, be polite, play ur songs, and make a show of it!

okay. yea i do not know about the solo's because i just remembered the people running it told me that they are having a huge band come in for headliner. (idk who the band is yet.)

HISOTRA
06-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Set up, plug in and play a intense song, then introduce yourselfs. Do some more songs, talk about the charity for a bit, keep 'em entertained.

floyd matt
06-20-2007, 12:45 PM
^ we probably will talk about the charity a little. idk about the intense song we are a indie/rock type group.

i might try to do a cover song.

Gnomestar
06-20-2007, 01:17 PM
finish with a bass solo nothing hard but juts soemthing cool

but talk over it, thank everyone for coming and donating to charity say who you are talk about you album then jump back into the last part of the song

thatll be a winner

floyd matt
06-20-2007, 01:40 PM
^
thanks for that. i will take something like that but turn it into my own. maybe do a bass and drum thing and be like thanks for coming out and then go back to the song. but i will figure it out because i got a concert this weekend and it will help me. and i will watch some foo fighters video's on how they do it.