friend/retarded doosh

PDA

View Full Version : friend/retarded doosh

curtis loew
06-26-2007, 10:14 PM
ive been playing with a friend of mine with the past 2 years. he plays bass, but cant play guitar for his life and his singing is even worst than his guitar playing. he wants to start a band with me and an incoming freshman. he has the idea that finding horn players for "his ska band" is more important than an actual singer. we are just working on covers, and he says he is " nothing special " at singing. he cant sing a note straight if you played it on a keyboard. he is tone deaf, and wants to sing. he is my friend, and i dont want to hurt is feelings, but should i just leave his "band" and start something up with the drummer, or should i try and take control of the situation. its not a power thing that im concerned about, its his lack of responsibilty and knowledge of anything that concerns music and performing. what should i do? please help, thank you.

Sixpack5001
06-26-2007, 10:18 PM
take control, tell him like it is, and have a recording to back up what youre saying. make sure the other band members are on your side, and that they wont turn on you under pressure. but beware; there is no easy way to do it

curtis loew
06-26-2007, 10:21 PM
i want to do this without being a bitch to him. he is my friend, and ive known him for years, but he is too damn arrogant for his own good, and thats what is dragging this assembly down

Dozza
06-27-2007, 07:07 AM
You can still take control, as long as whoever else is in the band is on your side. You can make it seem to him, that his problems are against the grain and that it is his decision if he is in the band or not.

...but do confirm that the other guys are on your side, even if you don't ask them... just experiment and do certain things that would require them to take a side.

Ghost Sky
06-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Dude, just let him know. Basically, you've got two choices: Grin and bear it or fix the situation before you go out and embarrass yourselves.

curtis loew
06-27-2007, 06:38 PM
ill talk to the drummer, and see what he has to say about it.