Battle of the bands question/help

PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the bands question/help

floyd matt
06-27-2007, 01:47 PM
okay heres whats going on. in 3 weeks i will be playing battle of the bands with my band.

we our a 3 peice band.
we play for 30 mins (plus set up and tear down) the set up is easy because we need to put up only-
Guitar amp, bass amp, Double bass.

our songs are like 4 mins to 5 mins long.

so i expect 10 mins to set up and make sure tunning and volumes are okay.

so lets see 4:30 *average* per song. how many songs you think we can play in 20 mins and if we talk between like hey we are bla bla bla this song is this and heres the members.

Sammy2K7
06-27-2007, 01:54 PM
4 songs x 4:30 song length = bout 18 mins
this gives 10 mins for set up, plus an extra 2 mins for chattin

hope this helps :P

rage6945
06-27-2007, 01:54 PM
battle of the bands sets are usually 3 or 4 songs. i dont wanna sound rude, but ive played these kinds of things and ive watched them, no one wants to hear you talk that much, no one wants to hear you introduce members. make sure you have a lot of stage presence, dont just stand there and play your instrument. and set up as quick as possible

/Qwertytrewq\
06-27-2007, 01:55 PM
well since set up and tear down will take about 10 min, and each song is around 4:30, we can round it to 5 since youre gonna be talking

so id say about 4 maybe 5 songs

xPURGATORYx
06-27-2007, 01:58 PM
well since set up and tear down will take about 10 min, and each song is around 4:30, we can round it to 5 since youre gonna be talking

so id say about 4 maybe 5 songs
check your math...
3 or 4 songs is the way to go

/Qwertytrewq\
06-27-2007, 02:02 PM
check your math...
3 or 4 songs is the way to goi said maybe 5

floyd matt
06-27-2007, 02:09 PM
well we thought 4 originals and then one cover song of the drummers old band because the ex members are there playing against us. and we can make it better.

but yea i understand no one wants to hear us talk but i kinda wanna be like this is the song and by the last song introduce the band and be like we are Illan

rage6945
06-27-2007, 04:45 PM
well we thought 4 originals and then one cover song of the drummers old band because the ex members are there playing against us. and we can make it better.

but yea i understand no one wants to hear us talk but i kinda wanna be like this is the song and by the last song introduce the band and be like we are Illan

no one really wants to hear originals either.
shows and gigs=originals
battle of the bands=covers

PXi
07-03-2007, 07:30 AM
shows and gigs=originals

unless that was a joke; you're and idiot.

Kid_Thorazine
07-03-2007, 08:31 AM
shows and gigs=originals

Unless you're playing some shitty high school BotB they might not even allow covers, and playing covers at something like that is definitely bad form.

Americanhoser
07-04-2007, 03:20 PM
But if it's a battle of the bands that allots more time to each band (like 40 mins of playing) a cover thrown in with 4 or 5 originals maybe good... I know I get sick of hearing bad or mediocre originals, when a cover shoved in there somewhere would have made the set ten times better...