Good Enought Reason?

PDA

View Full Version : Good Enought Reason?

False_God
07-02-2007, 09:08 AM
hey ug'ers!!

So this time last year I joined a punk/rock band filling in on guitar because their singer/guitarist left! they were a 3-piece, and This was a popular band so I wasnt gonna say no to them! they had a set list of 60 songs which I learned in two days and we managed to nail them all perfectly with in 2 practises! They were amazed by how fast I could learn the songs, basicly it was a mix of clicking with the band and me given 110% for them!

Anyway we giged over the summer and I organised everything from posters to making a website, because they told me Im in for good! So I said Im gonna make this work! So anyway for a few gigs we got the original singer back, he loved how things were (He quit because he had too much both guitar and vocals so me joining made him really happy) So everything was going great! And we asked him to come back fully at around christmas, but he said he has exams so he wouldnt be able to commit till the summer!

So anyway at this time I was doubting my presence wa needed in the band and asked "So I am definly in for good?" And they went ya of course so anyway I spend alot of money on new equipment etc. and was waiting for the summer because we had plans to record at the studio I work in for free and for as long as we want!

So anyway 3 months had passed and it was the summer! We were ready to kick ass and get dwn to writing originals and to record untill last night....

I got a phone call from the bassist telling me that they want to continue as a 3-piece band if they ever want to get anywhere! I took it as a shock because I really didnt expect it. I got them popular and we all clicked. So I was like "ya ok I understand" And that was it.. The one thing I sacrificed alot for was gone in 10 minutes..

When on the phone I didnt put up a fight meerly because I was shocked and heartbroken so I rang my girlfriend and told her everything and she basicly set me straight. so I rang the bassist again telling him I was pissed off with the decission of the band. Basicly I said I felt hurt that the people who I thought were my best friends went and used me till they got back on their feet! They said they told me they intended on being always a 3-piece which they never did so I was pissed off at that!
And the fact they led me to believe I was in the band for good was complete b/s too! They knew I wasnt gonna be in the band long enough to record etc.

so im really pissed off with them! :mad:

And what I want to know is kicking another member out of the band to be a 3-pieve pop punk band a good enough reason to stab someone??

CanCan
07-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Sure, go ahead.

Ed Hunter
07-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Pwned

Dozza
07-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Oooh, I don't think so. The band I front was a three peice... and after adding another guitarist I don't see why we'd want to be a three peice again. It was good, but the music has opened up a bit - and if you guys clicked as well as you say then I don't understand.

The only thing I can think of is that they were on bad terms with the other guy, added you to try and get back at him. He rejoins so they don't think they need you, maybe?

I'd say they're definately in the wrong.

slappymoe66
07-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Go for the Gusto

imnotcommunist
07-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Rip his balls off

rockstar_jones
07-02-2007, 09:26 AM
hmm mate. unlucky. I reckon thats a crap reason.

False_God
07-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Sure, go ahead.
no they stabbed me! I was meant to be their friend! lol

Oooh, I don't think so. The band I front was a three peice... and after adding another guitarist I don't see why we'd want to be a three peice again. It was good, but the music has opened up a bit - and if you guys clicked as well as you say then I don't understand.

The only thing I can think of is that they were on bad terms with the other guy, added you to try and get back at him. He rejoins so they don't think they need you, maybe?

I'd say they're definately in the wrong.
Ya or what I think:

That singer is very talented, thats why they were so popular. but then when I joined everyone started to know me and I became a well established guitarist!

So when we played a few gigs the spot light wasnt just him it was both of us and he was use to it being only him! So i think he has played a big part in kicking me out!

Honestly tho i was actually in tears, like Im **** at everything thing else and the one thing that I felt I could achieve left me behind!

young_is_god
07-02-2007, 09:33 AM
start your own band.....with blackjack......and hookers!

Alix_D
07-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Go for the Gusto

Go for the taste? :rolleyes:

False_God
07-02-2007, 01:16 PM
ok. All spam is/gonna be reported!

cortez0
07-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Well 60 songs in 2 days is a lot, so it means you're good. Try to find another band and forget about them, they are crap.

pandora_grunt
07-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Take their songs, make your own trio, play their songs better, win the war?

In any case, those guys are just a few pathetic victims of their own selfishness. Good luck to you mate, hope you can get your own band rolling. I'd liek to hear the news of you playing them right our of peoples minds :P

KILL EHM ALL!

lolmnt
07-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Find another band or start your own. If you can learn 60 song perfectly in 2 days your good enough to be in a band. I dont think wanting to be a 3 piece band is a good enough reason to kick somebody out, you worked hard for them too. If they wanted to be just 1 guitar, bass and drums, the original singer could have just sung and not play guitar.

Good Luck

adambc
07-02-2007, 07:26 PM
start your own band.....with blackjack......and hookers!

actually screw the band and the blackjack.

but really, start a new band. and then kick the **** out of everything.

Zen5887
07-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Ooh dude thats hard...

The only thing you can do is form your own band then battle them for local supremacy.

warlockking
07-02-2007, 11:50 PM
use those 60 songs and form a new band and totally kick their asses.

False_God
07-03-2007, 07:37 PM
ya thats what I will do I guess! :)
Thanks guys for the motivation! :cheers:

lolmnt
07-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Dont steal thier songs, write your own. It'll cause more probalems if you use thiers