I hate unreliable people

PDA

View Full Version : I hate unreliable people

Thebiz
07-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Basically, my friends and I were going to start a band. Everyone is prepared except our bassist, who doesn't really seem to care about joining. All he ever says is stuff like "sure man I want to join." Just a few days ago we found out he doesn't even have a bass guitar! He was just borrowing his neighbor's. When we confronted him with this, he just said "Look, I'm getting a job in a week or so and then I'll buy my own with that money" (we're in 11th grade).

That was a month ago, still no job, and still the uncaring attitude. So we're going to start practicing without him.

/rant mode off

Dattt
07-02-2007, 04:47 PM
damn dude i feel ya...

except my buddies have been looking for a bassist for 2 years now

Craigo
07-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah, there's always one.

To quote Gorilla Biscuits; 'why play for us? if you're heart's not in it...'

Not worth your time, don't give it to him.

rosswigley89
07-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Yep. People like that are garbage. I mean, I make an EFFORT to be on time at work, to be responsible and reliable. Personally, I feel like a total S.O.B. when people are relying on my word and I fail them, even if it's over something trivial. But then again, I was RAISED to have a sense of duty and honor. Perhaps if we were all raised a little differently, the world wouldn't be such a bad place!

Perfekte
07-02-2007, 04:51 PM
u'll find that's bassists in general, they're all c^nts =]

metallinutter
07-02-2007, 04:56 PM

a bit extreme :p:

on topic: if he's that lazy, just drop him

young_is_god
07-02-2007, 04:57 PM
its not just me who finds that then!!! :D (except april if she ever finds this thread)

mattyp90
07-02-2007, 05:15 PM

I was gonna disagree, but then I realised all the cool bassists I was thinking of started out on guitar, or play it more often (like me), so don't really count as true bassists.

I really long for 1/2/3/4 people who want to play music with me as much as I do (If that makes sense?).
I "have" a band, a 3-piece, me on guitar and vocals, but we rarely play together, and started about a year and a half ago with the drummer and bassist having only just bought their instruments (yes I have good willpower). Originally we were a 4-piece but the other guitarist left after a few months because he realised then what I'm starting to think now, that nothing's really happening. Aside from the music these lads are still among my best mates.

I don't know how common it is, but I have about 8 good mates and a few more acquaintances (NOT including my band) who all play some form of rock instrument(s) and listen to music that I'd love/be willing to play. However, some of them are in bands and I get that they may not want 2 serious bands, and then the rest don't really seem to be on the same wavelength as me, although a couple of them are starting to seem interested.
Seems like I'm blessed with loads of potential band members but nothing concrete.
Don't get me wrong I'm happy in the band I'm in as long as we do something soon, and do it seriously, it's been months since last practice (although we did have AS exams recently). I guess it all depends on the next few weeks...

/rant

So, TS, I feel your pain. Just try everything possible like different bassists, or see if one of the other members wants to be the bassist, or nag this current bassist 'til he comes round.

Thebiz
07-02-2007, 05:30 PM
We have plenty of bassists at our school but it's just that they're all already in other bands and none of em want to leave, even if the band they are in sucks horribly

warlockking
07-02-2007, 06:47 PM
sounds like my bassist. he and his older brother and i were going to start a band, but i've kind of given up. i've gotten pretty good at guitar, his brother has never played a song and he was borrowing the school's bass, my amp, and my tuner. so he has nothing. except my tuner which i'm betting ended up being given back to the school in the case. i've got an audition coming up for a band sometime soon i hope so hopefully that works out better than those dreams did.

Zen5887
07-02-2007, 10:29 PM

Steady on man..No need for that yeh?

Umm.. I think you should say somthing like "Oi...Cmon dude..We're gonna do this thing and if you want in put your arse in gear or we'll find someone else"

lolmnt
07-03-2007, 01:15 AM
We have plenty of bassists at our school but it's just that they're all already in other bands and none of em want to leave, even if the band they are in sucks horribly

Ask one of the bassists one of the awful bands to practice with you, he can stay with his band. You can play with him/her until you find somebody else, but If you guys are good he might leave his band and join yours.

RPGoof
07-03-2007, 01:42 AM
If he is like that, find another bassist and don't let him join. Punch him in the face too. Or give him a bass to the face. Bronze Warlock. Points into his eyes. You shouldn't waste a decent bass killing someone, now should you?