Acoustic(ish) Set List

PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic(ish) Set List

Burpbelly
07-05-2007, 02:17 PM
...I guess this goes here...

So the other night the singer in my band (I say band; it's me and him: I play guitar he sings, we pass as an opening/background band), called me and told me he'd got us a gig. Last night I found out that it isn't a gig so much as a performance...in short we're playing at a mates 18th birthday, kinda instead of having a stereo on in the background.

I'm okay with this, it's just we don't have a varied enough set list to last for the time they're asking (bout 45 mins to an hour), so I come to the brilliant minds of UG to try and help me with some suggestions.

I, for the most part play an electric guitar rather than an acoustic when we've played before, but I'm tempted to go acoustic as much as possible. We have a few songs that we already know and can perform well and just want some more suggestions along the same lines as these:

Mr. Brightside - The Killers
Everybody Hurts - R.E.M
Married with Children - Oasis
Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix
Stand By Me - Ben E. King
All Along the Watchtower - Bob Dylan
Behind Blue Eyes - The Who
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zepplin

Plus about 6 or 7 of our own

Of course the good thing about just having two of us is that it's fairly easy to learn songs quickly, which is good 'cos we've got two weeks.

But that's not enough material to cover the time...Any suggestions (don't have to be cliched acoustic songs, such as Wonderwall, I'm reasonable at taking an electric sort of song and turning it acoustic...could just use decent lyrics, so it can hold up when it's stripped back)

Cheers in advance to anyone who replies

metallinutter
07-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Don't look back in Anger - Oasis
Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez

Black Star
07-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Everlong - Foo Fighters

METSOAD
07-05-2007, 04:24 PM
leave stairway, but do heartbeats, thats the greatest song in the world

Burpbelly
07-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Yeah I would rather leave stairway, it's a bit cliched, but she specifically asked us to do it, and Little Wing...but i do like the idea of heartbeats

Delta-dragoon
07-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Might be a bit high for the singer but Muse - Unintended.

tubab0y
07-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Swing Life Away, Rise Against. Most amazing acoustic song ever.

shut_up_n00b
07-08-2007, 03:58 PM
here are a bunch

Taking Back Sunday - Cute Without The "E' (Cut From The Team) - Punk Goes Acoustic
Bullet For My Valentine - Tears Don't Fall (Acoustic)
Plain White T's - Hey Delilah - All That We Needed
The All-American Rejects - The Cigarrete Song - Bonus Tack for Self Titled
Mr. Big - Baby, It's A Wild World
Brand New - The No Seatbelt Song
Brand New - The Boy Who BLocked His Own Shot
Neil Young- Four Winds
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
John Lennon - Imagine (you can easily transpose the piano to guitar)