I need some song to jam to

PDA

View Full Version : I need some song to jam to

3rdActguitarist
07-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Ok, so I found some guys that go to my school that what to start a band. I've never played with them or heard them play, so I have no idea what to expect, except for the fact that the other guitarist is into metal, so I'm thinking he'll try to play AX7 or something like that.

Anyway, I was hoping you guys might know of some good songs to jam to. Nothing overly complex, but then again, I don't want a song thats just three chord progressions. It just needs to be something we can pick up quick and have a good time with. Any suggestions?

Guitarfreak777
07-06-2007, 03:07 PM
To see if you guys can even play together, maybe an earlier greenday song? You could learn it in like a min or so and then see if you guys could even play that together. Even though it might be simple, start with that then move up.

sandmanshredder
07-06-2007, 03:12 PM
i think Seven from Necrophagist would be a great sone got start off witth, it's really easy, un-technical and amazing.

TMKA
07-06-2007, 03:12 PM
paranoid by black sabbath would probably work if the guy's into older metal

munit
07-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Go for Metallica, try some stuff off Kill Em All and if you can cut out the solos if you find them too hard....at least that is if you like metal.

Lumpelope
07-06-2007, 03:23 PM
sabbath is easy

TMKA
07-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Go for Metallica, try some stuff off Kill Em All and if you can cut out the solos if you find them too hard....at least that is if you like metal.

amen
but you forgot about "For Whom the Bell Tolls" (also by metallica)

Muphin
07-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Have the drummer drop a steady beat, and then all the instruments play the same scale ascending and descending in whole notes. Then half notes, then quarter notes, then eighth notes, then sixteenth notes, then thirty-second notes, then sixty-fourth notes. It'll get you really tight.

KavaticaMetal
07-06-2007, 05:03 PM
"wait wait....did that guy just call Avenged Sevenfold metal???"

(looks around to see if other people caught it)

"...yeah...i think he did......"

"somebody should do somethin about that"

(sound of harpoon being thrown)

"problem solved"

TMAW
07-06-2007, 07:27 PM
apart from the gaff about a7x i reccomend or whom the bell tolls and paranoid, cos everybody seems to like those songs and play them

Zen5887
07-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Hehe yeah I got the a7x thingy..

Anyways..Smells like teen spirit is pretty fun to do..Some AC/DC also?

3rdActguitarist
07-08-2007, 04:05 PM
I like listening to metal, not playing it. I can play Smells Like Team Spirit, so I hope we can play that. Black Sabbath seems to be popular with my band mates, so I said we should play Sweet Leaf or Paranoid. I've just recently gotten into Alkaline Trio and I got the tabs for Time To Waste and Warbrain, but I want to know: do they any other good songs that we might be able to play?

CAPTAINAMAZING
07-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Watching Over Me by Iced Earth, its slow but me likes it. Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth. CRAZY TRAIN!!! Thats a great song and not very hard.