any fans of Les Paul?

PDA

View Full Version : any fans of Les Paul?

kaotik420
07-12-2007, 07:22 PM
i was somewhat surprised to not find any tabs here from Les Paul.. some of his solo's were just amazing. (was looking for Bye Bye Blues solo)
i'm not a big fan of Mary Ford, but was listening to some of the songs they did together, and his guitarwork is really amazing for it's time.

anyone listen to him?, have any recomendations? (i've only heard a little bit of his work, but was impressed)

init24
07-12-2007, 07:26 PM
blue skies is an amazing track
its instrumental

psychodelia
07-12-2007, 07:33 PM
What I've heard is ok, but nothing I'm racing out to buy. Fine player, though.

By the way, I think this might go better in Blues and Jazz.

hyphensprint
07-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Yea dude, i watched something on PBS about him a couple of days ago...
it blew my mind.
Les Paul is amazing
as far as songs go i think he and mary did one about a tiger or cat...
mary would sing some line about the tiger and LP would respond with his guitar, twas kinda cool.

aetherspear
07-13-2007, 09:58 PM
hey yeah i just recorded that pbs special but i havent watched it yet. i think i'll do that now.

deluxity
07-16-2007, 07:35 PM
i used to like les paul, it seems boring to me now, i used to listen a lot to limehouse blues with chet atkins and django reinhardt (which made me think.. why django doesn't have a guitar model with his name?)

Blind In 1 Ear
07-16-2007, 08:45 PM
i used to like les paul, it seems boring to me now, i used to listen a lot to limehouse blues with chet atkins and django reinhardt (which made me think.. why django doesn't have a guitar model with his name?)

probably because he isnt a big name like hendrix or clapton or someone. hes a name to know in jazz but im probably the only person in my area thats even at least heard of him.

deluxity
07-20-2007, 08:36 PM
probably because he isnt a big name like hendrix or clapton or someone. hes a name to know in jazz but im probably the only person in my area thats even at least heard of him.

hendrix and clapton don't have a guitar model with their name (they have signature guitars which is different)

Atum
07-20-2007, 09:46 PM
What you guys recomend of this guitarrist? Lps, musics..

Blind In 1 Ear
07-20-2007, 11:50 PM
hendrix and clapton don't have a guitar model with their name (they have signature guitars which is different)
i thought thats what he ment. whoops.

Tony_guitar
07-21-2007, 04:25 AM
I bought a dvd a while back called my guitar. Lp and marry is in a short clip and i think its kind oc cool. And Randy Bachman tells a storie about meeting him in early age. Well worth seeing.