It's that time again...

PDA

View Full Version : It's that time again...

bluewilliams
07-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Ok, so my AOTM has been up for a month now; I think it's time for the next reviewer to step up - did we ever decide one? If not, let's get it settled here, in the spirit of keeping AOTM alive.

idkmybffjill123
07-17-2007, 05:08 PM
AOTM?idk im a noob i guess

al_
07-17-2007, 10:35 PM
I have nothing to do so I'd be more than happy. I'd do some jazz album but I don't have any that are a bit less known, which is what I'd prefer, except for some old Polish jazz vinyls which although amazing, would serve no purpose because none of you would ever have the chance to hear them (there is one I really wish people could hear cause I think it might catch some interest around here, it is by the band Paradox, album is Drifting Feather). Unless you guys didn't mind the review of a jazz fusion album, I may have a few that fewer people have heard.

I don't know what you guys want so let me know; some big, popular jazz album? Some fusion albums, I have both more known and less known ones, or some blues album ( I have more than a choice from my dad's collection). I'll see what you guys have to say, if anything at all and I'll get started and finished asap.

This is all assuming that there isn't someone waiting in line already?

EDIT: could do some funk album as well since I guess this has become the forum for Funk.

GD_GC
07-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I'd be happy to review something. How's the blues album Showdown! by Albert Collins, Robert Cray, and Johnny Copeland?

TylerRRR
07-17-2007, 10:46 PM
It would be cool if you reviewed a Derek Trucks or Greg Koch album.

TheDev01dOne
07-18-2007, 12:52 AM
I would do it but I'm not a very good reviewer. I love reading the AOTM things though so keep it going guys.

Maybe I'll try and see if I can write a decent review of something and keep it handy to use one month if it turns out okay.

HuskerDu
07-18-2007, 07:32 AM
I could do Doghouse Music by Seasick Steve

TheHeartbreaker
07-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Perhaps we could narrow down the time in better the reviews from a month to a week?

You know, try and put up a review this Sunday, and then have the next review the following Sunday, and so on?

I'm not sure how long it would last, since many people don't frequent the Blues and Jazz Forums (I only come here from time to time myself), but I think that if we shortened the time in between more people might be interested (most posts in response to a review would likely come within a week-the rest of the time it would be spent stickied and rotting away at the top of the forum).

Just a suggestion, anyways.

bluewilliams
07-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Perhaps we could narrow down the time in better the reviews from a month to a week?

You know, try and put up a review this Sunday, and then have the next review the following Sunday, and so on?

I'm not sure how long it would last, since many people don't frequent the Blues and Jazz Forums (I only come here from time to time myself), but I think that if we shortened the time in between more people might be interested (most posts in response to a review would likely come within a week-the rest of the time it would be spent stickied and rotting away at the top of the forum).

Just a suggestion, anyways.
I'd be up for that, I have plenty to contribute. Oh, and to the guy some way above, I'd love to do a Derek Trucks album, so i'll do one for my next one, but someone else should have a turn now.

al or GD_GC, you might as well be the next two - decide amongst yourselves who's going to go first.

EDIT: Oh, and HuskerDu after that.

GD_GC
07-18-2007, 05:39 PM
al can go ahead first, maybe later i can do one if needed

TheHeartbreaker
07-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Could we perhaps get a list started containing the order and due dates?

I'd also be willing to do a review.

Falcatarius
07-19-2007, 04:00 PM
I think everyone who wants to write album reviews should just declare which albums their doing, write the reviews and then submit them to a mod while the interest is still high like this.

Essentially meaning, if you want to write a review START NOW!

Then the mods would have a stockpile of reviews that they could use every week/month/whatever and no-one would have to worry about consistancy. (until the next "burst" of writing)

I'll try to do one for "Allman Brothers; Live at the Filmore East" in the next few days.

Cheers!
-Falcatarius

bluewilliams
07-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Falc, I think that's a good idea, but you should probably PM resi or andrewbiles first and check they're ok with that; it could mean a lot more work for them.

TheHeartbreaker
07-26-2007, 01:20 PM
It really could.

I see that we've already started, but I think it might be easier to manage this on our; it's not as though the Mods don't have anything to do, anyways-this would only add to their workload.

matt92l
07-27-2007, 06:27 AM
i'll do sessions for Robert J- Eric Clapton or
Gettin Ready- Freddie King

WyldeGibsonPlyr
07-29-2007, 04:35 AM
Im down for doing the Sunday to Sunday editions, for sure.

I'd be glad to get started on anything, I really enjoy reviewing records. Lets start setting up officially whose going and when, plus how we are going to handle them all?

Also +1 to reviewing some funk records, I would love to get in on that, as I too have many to contribute.

EDIT: I should also bring up, how should we store all the past reviews? For one thing I dont think we should have multiple stickies up at a time, possibly between changes (if we do the Sunday to Sunday thing, that is), otherwise we really should take the current ones down (especially 'Ice Pickin'', which has been up there for awhile now).

I dont think we should get rid of them though, for one thing they are all very well done and should be kept. Secondly we don't want to review the same record twice, at least in the same period of time.

So we should find a database to keep them all, or have a user store them all themselves (I will nominate myself, if need be).

GD_GC
07-29-2007, 09:33 AM
yea all that sounds good^

WyldeGibsonPlyr
08-01-2007, 02:01 AM
Okay, well im not really one of the 'head guys' on this whole thing, so really, what is going on (as a 'final' type of plan', I guess)?