jazz or blues guys who arn't jazz or bues

PDA

View Full Version : jazz or blues guys who arn't jazz or bues

outlaw metaler
07-27-2007, 08:07 PM
this is for non blues jazzsothern rock or fusion guitarists who play in a blues jazz style

My favorite is mark morton his solos on terror and hubris in the house of frank pollard and more tome to kill are very blues based

also the old( from ghost revilreies) guitarist to Opeth has a number of jazzy licks on songs

then theres clutch which is blues based stoner rock / thrash there newer stuff is way bluesy

then theres chris poland of megadeth who is a jazz fusion guitarist I dont here it though

tony Iommi's biggest hero is django their self titled album is really i think a dark blues album and the song planet caravan is an acid jazz song I guess

gibson_lover_ga
07-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Slash plays with a bluesy style.

Is that what you are looking for?

And Angus Young only uses blues scales for leads, Back in Black is E, Shot Down in Flames is A...Etc.

WyldeGibsonPlyr
07-29-2007, 04:30 AM
If your basically trying to talk about Rock & Metal guitar players who incorporate some form of the 'blues scale', then that door you just opened is far too huge.

Litterally.

gibson_lover_ga
07-29-2007, 12:30 PM
If your basically trying to talk about Rock & Metal guitar players who incorporate some form of the 'blues scale', then that door you just opened is far too huge.

Literally.

Fixed.

And yeah...Heavy Metal and Rock are basically children of the blues, which is a child of Jazz. Get into as many branches as you want, but every type of American music started with Jazz.

outlaw metaler
07-29-2007, 09:48 PM
no I 'm looking for guys who play very traditional blues in a non blues context

like Mark morton or I suppose John 5 but I dont know if he does that in rock songs

and then also brett hinds does a lot of chickin pickin

guys like that

ECistheBest
07-29-2007, 09:50 PM
maybe check out Gary Moore??? he uses blues scales and blues style playing with high gain sound and some fast shreds. might interest you.