Idea for a UG contest

PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a UG contest

crzywhiteboy
07-28-2007, 01:37 PM
i was reading Guitar World and you know how they have the betcha you cant play this everytime..

Well i was thinking maybe there could be a contest on UG of our own betcha you cant play this..
We make it one person a week for like 2,3 months.
They post a video of them playing it or audio file-video would be better thought and they show us how to play it.
Then who ever posts a video of them playing those licks the most at the end of the contest is the winner..

Get wat am saying,just an idea-im bored so got nothing else to do..

The licks could be from songs they know/learned
something they made up or learned somewhere else..
Anything they know..

Mr.headbanger
07-28-2007, 01:42 PM
thats actually a pretty good idea

yawn
07-28-2007, 01:42 PM
I distinctly remember seeing that on UG before. o.O

kirbyrocknroll
07-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Site Feedback forum maybe?

^I don't remember this.

Sir Edwin CBE
07-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Sounds good enough.

tubab0y
07-28-2007, 06:13 PM
No. Because I probably can't play it.

oh wait, I guess that's the point.

jimmiew
07-29-2007, 01:32 AM
id love to do that, how bout we set this thing into action? choose one person to start and get things going and whoevers the winner does the next one and so on and so forth... and hey instead of 2 or 3 months why dont we just keep it going till people lose interest?

buckethead_jr
07-29-2007, 08:26 AM
Well, i'm not sure about this idea, it seems like it would be the same like, 5 UG'ers for the whole duration of the contest.

But i would like to see more interactive contests like this, and like that Firewind one a while ago where Gus G played a part of a solo showing only his picking hand and the person who tabbed it correctly won.