laurel333
07-29-2007, 03:25 PM
^^

Is awesome...

Jazz's equivalent of Steve Vai or John Petrucci I would say

What does everyone else think?

psychodelia
07-29-2007, 04:23 PM
I don't have a ton of stuff... I think I have Turn Left and that's about it. Maybe some odd tracks on my computer.

He's good, obviously, but difficult to get into for me. I like James from the album I have, but I'm giving the other tracks a listen every now and then to give a fair chance.

05delstrat
07-29-2007, 05:22 PM
he is god's son
he played with john scofield on the album i can see your house from here and he sounded great. or at least john did

WyldeGibsonPlyr
07-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Haven't totally gotten into him as much as I have other jazz guitarists (like Benson or Wes, for example), but what I have heard I have pretty much enjoyed.

laurel333
07-29-2007, 05:49 PM
Personally I think Pat should try his hand at rocking out to see what would happen lol, but I think he's a brilliant guitarist.

Him and the other guys on Parallel Realities - just incredible

Resiliance
07-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Great player, hate his dull tone he seems to use more and more.

Andrewbiles
07-30-2007, 08:38 AM
Amazing player. Quite original stuff, at least in my world. I enjoy the stuff he's done with Brad Mehldau the most.

kevinm4435
08-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Pat Metheny is probably my favorite jazz guitarist right now. "Bright Size Life" is really fun to play, and tunes like "The First Circle," "Have You Heard," "Third Wind," and "Phase Dance" are some of his best in my opinion. His work with Michael Brecker is also phenomenal.

laurel333
08-03-2007, 06:49 AM
Pat Metheny is probably my favorite jazz guitarist right now. "Bright Size Life" is really fun to play, and tunes like "The First Circle," "Have You Heard," "Third Wind," and "Phase Dance" are some of his best in my opinion. His work with Michael Brecker is also phenomenal.

Yeyeh! That's the Pat I like too...

Im learning Bright Size Life atm - it's a great song :)

Have You Heard is just breathtaking i find...brilliant solo live

Zeppelin256
08-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Amazing player. Quite original stuff, at least in my world. I enjoy the stuff he's done with Brad Mehldau the most.

Word. Bright Size Life is a great album and so is Live at Austin - his cover of How Insensitive is amazing.

justin_fraser
10-05-2007, 07:48 PM

I have to agree with you there. I have a couple of his albums and the metheny mehldau quartet stuff is amazing.

Sleepn_Giant
10-05-2007, 09:29 PM
I just recently listened to "The Way Up" album and I thought that was beautiful. The only other thing I have with Pat Metheny is "Jim Hall & Pat Metheny", which is also really good.

I should check out some more of his earlier stuff as well.

VR2005
10-06-2007, 09:45 AM
'Jim Hall & Pat Metheny' was like my dream album. It definitely delivered in my opinion. "Falling Grace" is one of my favorite standards and they just interpreted it perfectly.

MastaBassist10
10-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Great guitarist, but I can't stand his use of synths and keyboards in his group at all. It just cheezy.

HawkaLuigi
10-06-2007, 11:18 AM
He's an amazing guitarist. Actually heard about him through a thread Andrew made. Bright Size Life is one of my favorites.