electric guitar blues?

PDA

View Full Version : electric guitar blues?

ICANSEEYOU7687
08-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Alright well i usually play hard rock and metal, but there are some blues song that I love... and I got a decent amp to play them with.

But I have trouble downloading suggested songs, or finding tabs for them. For instance Buddy guy's - Damn right i've got the blue.

I thought that was pretty interesting sounded but there are so few tabs for him. And my ear isn't trained enough to figure it out on my own. I have studied to blues minor pentatonic a bit, but not to the point where I could tab out a song by myself.

Any suggestions?

d_byrne23
08-02-2007, 11:15 PM
ive got that song tabbed out in an older guitar one issue, its what got me going on the blues, but the problem is im so **** with creating songs for guitar pro, its hard for me to get the timing right for that buddy song...theres lots of blues tabs on here, try guys youve never heard of before, or have but should check them out again..i made fun of my girlfriend for listening to john mayer..go figure I enjoy some of his guitar work now greatly..check out guys like hendrix, lots of SRV tabs around here etc...good luck man :cheers:

ICANSEEYOU7687
08-02-2007, 11:36 PM
yea right now im looking at some eric clapton stuff which is cool

but a lot of SRV stuff is a bit to much for me to handle, haha

thanks for the input!

BigDoug
08-08-2007, 01:52 AM
Alright well i usually play hard rock and metal, but there are some blues song that I love... and I got a decent amp to play them with.

But I have trouble downloading suggested songs, or finding tabs for them. For instance Buddy guy's - Damn right i've got the blue.

I thought that was pretty interesting sounded but there are so few tabs for him. And my ear isn't trained enough to figure it out on my own. I have studied to blues minor pentatonic a bit, but not to the point where I could tab out a song by myself.

Any suggestions?

The licks are mostly all in position 1 A minor penta......I bought a book called The Blues Guitar Big Book and its in there...very well tabbed I might add