Satan and Adam

PDA

View Full Version : Satan and Adam

aetherspear
08-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey guys, i just finished reading this book called Mister Satan's Apprentice: A Blues Memoir by Adam Gussow. heres the link
http://www.amazon.com/Mister-Satans-Apprentice-Blues-Memoir/dp/0679771778/ref=sr_1_2/105-5652022-2926834?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187306487&sr=1-2

Well it's about this guy adam who plays blues harp and starts busking in harlem with a guitarist named mister satan. i found out that adam gussow has a youtube account
http://www.youtube.com/user/KudzuRunner

and he posts all these sweet harp lessons, as well as performances with mister satan and some other people too. here's a real good video of them performing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfnwyMDbfXo

and i was just wondering if anybody has read the book, or knows anything about them. i really think any blues fan should read it, it's really good.

TheDev01dOne
03-25-2008, 03:26 AM
Wehee I'm now a big fan thanks to you. Got all 3 Satan And Adam albums, they're really good. Mr. Satan just locks in on a groove and plays it for everything it's worth.. They do some really unique covers of songs too.

And yeah Adam Gussow is a greaat harp player.

I want that book now too but the only place I can find it is Amazon.co.uk and it's like 40 + 5 shipping or some ****.. So like $100US.. Kinda really sucks.. I might just end up forking over the cash for it though, seems to get rave reviews everywhere.

Do you still want your copy? I'll pay to ship it over here and read it then ship it back to you? Or you could type it all into microsoft word if you were kind enough Lol

aetherspear
03-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Oh sorry man, I didn't actually buy it, I just got it from the good ol' library. But thanks for resurrecting this thread from ages ago, I'm still trying to get more people into them.

TheDev01dOne
03-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Damn I doubt the library would have it over here (I'm not even sure the is a library anywhere near me anyway) I really can't justify spending 45 on a book though, I could use that money for so many more useful things.

Maybe there is an eBook of it somewhere possibly, I shall scour the interwebs.

And yeah I was bored last night so I went through about 35pages of blues/jazz forum resurrecting good threads Lol.. every second thread is 'recommend me some good blues' and there was about 10 Tom Waits threads, about 20 Django threads, 10 john mayer threads, 5 black keys threads..

aetherspear
03-25-2008, 03:44 PM
That's weird because on the US amazon they're selling it used for like 25 bucks.

TheDev01dOne
03-25-2008, 04:25 PM
I know. I tried to buy one of US amazon but it won't let me because apparently they don't ship to the UK.. Everything over here is a major rip-off. It's bullshiit.

It does look like an awesome book though and something I'd really enjoy reading, I'm quite disgruntled at the silly price.

imgooley
03-27-2008, 03:24 AM
I have no reason for posting in this thread other than to say, where the heck can I find their stuff