The Black Keys

PDA

View Full Version : The Black Keys

dinosaur sr
08-17-2007, 11:37 AM
I dont know if a lot of people have heard of them, but they are one of my favorite bands

myspace.com/theblackkeys

plus the songs are really fun to play

BobChicken
08-17-2007, 11:44 AM
what do you mean not a lot of people? They r well famous lol

dinosaur sr
08-17-2007, 11:45 AM
what do you mean not a lot of people? They r well famous lol

really?

I dont know anyone who as heard of them....

whatever, its cool a lot of people like them

Kartman
08-17-2007, 11:47 AM
They're a great band. I want to buy one of their albums, any ideas?

dinosaur sr
08-17-2007, 11:48 AM
They're a great band. I want to buy one of their albums, any ideas?
I think magic potion is the best

all their albums are pretty similar though

so if you like one, youll like them all

TheDev01dOne
08-17-2007, 03:18 PM
I have one I think it's called "the big come up" something like that. It's cool I liked stripped back music and they get their funk goin' on.

Seem like really cool dudes too I seen a thing on TV and they went guitar shopping here in Australia and tried out all this stuff like all day had a whole guitar shop to themselves (old stuff not like a lame guitar centre) then they were like "Ah everything's too expensive here in Aus" and just left without buying anything. Haha

Seem like my kinda guys, apparently it's their favourite thing to do. Just go guitar shopping.

aetherspear
08-18-2007, 12:44 AM
i think there's a thread on these guys already buy whatever. yeah i have all their albums, but definately get chulahoma, it this tribute to junior kimbrough, and their interpretations are so good. I'm gonna have to go listen to that right now actually.

matt92l
08-18-2007, 12:33 PM
black keys are brilliant and they use old analogue recording equipment and refuse to use modern digital things. Kirk Hammetts a fan according to wikipedia

master
08-19-2007, 03:04 PM
so damn groovy. Their simple riffs are so catchy.

Jackolas
08-20-2007, 08:07 AM
black keys are brilliant and they use old analogue recording equipment and refuse to use modern digital things. Kirk Hammetts a fan according to wikipedia

This is true. :D

INDUSTRIALMETAL
08-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Great group, all the albums are fun.

Bling Dogg
08-20-2007, 10:41 PM
yeah, I love this band. I've been listening to a lot of their stuff lately. I like their style, since I'm a fan of blues and indie rock, and they fuse the genres perfectly. They got so many cool riffs.

My favorite album is "Thickfreakness". The title track is one of my favorite songs.

The Master Plan
08-20-2007, 11:37 PM
Yea they are famous they've been on tv several times.

orgasmickey
08-29-2007, 04:52 AM
pretty sure he doesn't use a pick either, just uses his thumb (from studying a few videos). they are really great. I love them. I have magic potion but I like other random b sides ive heard better.

cheers.

5kuzgib
08-30-2007, 08:32 AM
pretty sure he doesn't use a pick either, just uses his thumb (from studying a few videos). they are really great. I love them. I have magic potion but I like other random b sides ive heard better.

cheers.

Thumb pick and finger(s), although on the latest album he's started to use a pick a lot more.

orgasmickey
09-05-2007, 09:23 PM
cool. have you guys seen the massive good year / black keys car tyre they have on their tour dvd. classic.