Ben Harper's New Album

PDA

View Full Version : Ben Harper's New Album

rastaman_Marley
08-26-2007, 01:51 AM
any thoughts\criticisms?

i thought it was way too gospelly...see he usually comes out with a mix of styles on every album but this one was just constant ballads and soul tunes..

jeff541
08-26-2007, 02:00 AM
it was a sick album. i like more than sorry, both sides of the gun, better way, and never leave lonely alone. happy everafte rin your eyes is good too.

SuburbanCowboy
08-26-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm supposed to go see him with friends in late September, but I dont know his stuff at all. I heard Burn One Down and liked the acoustic and percussion styles of that song. What album should I check out for mainly acoustic jam music, and not gospel stuff?

rastaman_Marley
08-27-2007, 07:43 AM
nonono, not both sides of the gun, Lifeline.

and to suburbancowboy. i'd have to say fight for your mind is the besst album in general and it has burn one down and alot of other percussive grooves. check out "fight for your mind"/

so has anyone heard "lifeline"? the one that came out just this week?

TUMFP
08-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Na but I'm itching to pick it up. Speaking of week, he recorded and mixed it in one week.

WyldeGibsonPlyr
08-31-2007, 05:08 AM
I'm supposed to go see him with friends in late September, but I dont know his stuff at all. I heard Burn One Down and liked the acoustic and percussion styles of that song. What album should I check out for mainly acoustic jam music, and not gospel stuff?

I'd get 'Fight For Your Mind' (as already mentioned), and eventually get 'Welcome to the Cruel World' for sure. To be honest, his whole catalogue is simply wonderful, I wouldn't look pass any of it.

As for 'Lifeline', shit do I love it. I think its brilliant, I do understand and agree with what your saying about the mix of genre's with his albums, but I think him & the 'Criminals pretty much set out from the get-go to make this album just like this. And it could not be better. :)

I'm seeing them on Monday too. :)

EDIT: On a side note, join the new fan-group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/benharper/).

Liam Alan
08-31-2007, 10:32 AM
Ooooo He has a new one out?! *Runs to the store*

WyldeGibsonPlyr
09-04-2007, 07:07 AM
Amazing show last night, I really suggest you see him if you can, you will not regret it. Trust me.

They did a killer version of 'Purple Rain' (probably 'cause they were in Minnesota), that was great.

jeff541
11-04-2007, 10:18 PM
i bought lifeline

opivy21
11-05-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm a fan of Lifeline.

TUMFP
11-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Amazing show last night, I really suggest you see him if you can, you will not regret it. Trust me.

They did a killer version of 'Purple Rain' (probably 'cause they were in Minnesota), that was great.

Hell yeah, got to love Prince.

WyldeGibsonPlyr
11-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Well when you live in Minnesota, you have to love him by law.
Seriously.

claptonfan55
11-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Lifeline is one of my favorite albums. It's modern soul/r&b that's a lot rootsier than most other crap out there today.

WyldeGibsonPlyr
11-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Lifeline is pure goodness.