Jazz Puts You In a Different Place

PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Puts You In a Different Place

MastaBassist10
09-09-2007, 08:32 PM
...And I suppose this could apply to any sort of music, but does anyone feel like they've been lifted out of whatever in they're in and where ever they are when they just turn on a Miles Davis record or maybe some Aaron Neville or whatever you love. I feel it especially, because, although I've literally listened to jazz since I was less than a year old, and the music I make is really jazz influenced (go listen for yourself on my profile), I'll just call on some John Coltrane or Lady Day and they just wash my troubles away.

I did that in school on Friday, and it was so amazing.

I swear jazz is my greatest love

rhcpfan27
09-09-2007, 08:39 PM
john butler trio does it for me. either that or rush.

cashewchaching
09-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Amen, my brother. Next to worship, (for me anyway, i'm sure people disagree) jazz is my most free and comfortable thing to play.

darkstar2466
09-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Jazz gets me really moved, but power metal or Rush/Dream Theater puts me in a different place.

deluxity
09-10-2007, 12:29 AM
same to me, i have a deep love for jazz, it's just something that i've always loved since i'm a kid and i got relaly interested in it since like a year ago

i've been called gay and stupid for listening to it, but it's just that the rest of the people are so ignorant that it makes me laugh

MastaBassist10
09-10-2007, 12:36 AM
same to me, i have a deep love for jazz, it's just something that i've always loved since i'm a kid and i got relaly interested in it since like a year ago

i've been called gay and stupid for listening to it, but it's just that the rest of the people are so ignorant that it makes me laugh
I think its really a rebellion in a sense. Kids who listen to punk (don't get me wrong, I love punk) and other "rebellious music" and listen to it for rebellion's sake are really just conformists. A true free thinker listens to music that he truely is passionate about.

darkstar2466
09-10-2007, 12:49 AM
A true free thinker listens to music that he truely is passionate about.

Very well said. Now this is something to be sigged.