Buddy Guy

PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Guy

philipisabeast
09-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Hey i'm looking to get hold of a couple of cds by Buddy Guy, i've only heard a few songs [It feels like rain and Damn right i've got the blues] and i really want to get some more

But are there any like, seminal albums that are recommended listening?

:cheers:

chrisatgrace
09-15-2007, 11:34 AM
i would suggest getting Buddy's Baddest the greatest hits cd. it has a really representative samples, and is a great cd. on the cd theres a really cool song with johnny lang called "midnight train".

Jamingguitarist
09-15-2007, 11:42 AM
my favorite cds are these

1. Bring em' in
2. Feels Like Rain
3. Heavy Love

and i actualy love all his cds but those are my top favorites

aetherspear
09-15-2007, 06:48 PM
my favorite cds are these

1. Bring em' in
2. Feels Like Rain
3. Heavy Love

and i actualy love all his cds but those are my top favorites

wow those are by far my least favorite, way more pop stuff and not as bluesy. different tastes i guess. I like Slippin in, Sweet Tea, Stone Crazy, and Live: the real deal. also check out all the records with him and junior wells.

speckley
09-16-2007, 02:51 AM
Buddy Guy and Junior Wells 'Alone and Acoustic' is my favorite.

Bling Dogg
09-16-2007, 02:32 PM
wow those are by far my least favorite, way more pop stuff and not as bluesy. different tastes i guess. I like Slippin in, Sweet Tea, Stone Crazy, and Live: the real deal. also check out all the records with him and junior wells.
I agree. My favorites are similar to the ones posted by aetherspear:
Sweet Tea, Stone Crazy, Slippin In, Live: The Real Deal. I also recommend Damn Right I Got the Blues. Try to get at least one of those albums if you can.

I have those albums and some others, but those are my favorites. I never heard Buddy's Baddest (greatest hits album), but it could be a good place to start to get an overall idea about him.

He's an amazing guitarist. My favorite blues guitarist actually, tied with Albert King.

Derek <3's You!
09-16-2007, 03:47 PM
i would suggest getting Buddy's Baddest the greatest hits cd. it has a really representative samples, and is a great cd. on the cd theres a really cool song with johnny lang called "midnight train".

I own that CD also, and this fellow tells the truth. I was stuck between a $50 discography or hit greatest hits. I will go back and get the discography soon, but pick this up, worth every penny.

Dr. No
09-18-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't have anything to contribute to this thread other than Buddy Guy is so underrated. He rips. He even shreds occasionally. :haha

matt92l
10-02-2007, 11:33 AM
http://www.guitarfestival.org/history/images/2003/BuddyGuy_pop.jpg
look at that for guitar.Genius

claptonfan55
10-04-2007, 10:26 PM
get some of his early stuff from the Chess label, and A Man and the Blues from the Vanguard label. it's all really good.